Nov 29, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
If you read one thing on the new NBA CBA, this breakdown by Larry Coon of ESPN should be it. This will make you smarter.
Here is a complete list of all 129 free agents that hit the market Dec. 9.
Whatever the Washington Wizards decide to do with the amnesty clause, Rashard Lewis wins.
A lot of teams are eyeing Brandon Roy if the Blazers use the amnesty clause on him as expected, but don’t expect him to slip past the Timberwolves or Warriors in the bidding process. (This time around guys waived by amnesty cannot just choose a team; rather teams under the salary cap can bid to pick up a portion of their contract and the highest bid gets the player.)
NBA.com’s David Aldridge says the Celtics are looking very hard at Tyson Chandler as a free agent. I looked really hard at a $5 million beachfront home once, didn’t mean I could afford it. (The Celtics don’t have the cap space for a run at Chandler.)
Making the argument that the NBA lockout was about the owners trying to control the workers more than it was just about the money.
A report that Andrea Bargnaini seems to have lost weight and is moving well. That’s nice.
The Golden State Warriors are in the market for a big man. Who isn’t?
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12