Nov 29, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
If you read one thing on the new NBA CBA, this breakdown by Larry Coon of ESPN should be it. This will make you smarter.
Here is a complete list of all 129 free agents that hit the market Dec. 9.
Whatever the Washington Wizards decide to do with the amnesty clause, Rashard Lewis wins.
A lot of teams are eyeing Brandon Roy if the Blazers use the amnesty clause on him as expected, but don’t expect him to slip past the Timberwolves or Warriors in the bidding process. (This time around guys waived by amnesty cannot just choose a team; rather teams under the salary cap can bid to pick up a portion of their contract and the highest bid gets the player.)
NBA.com’s David Aldridge says the Celtics are looking very hard at Tyson Chandler as a free agent. I looked really hard at a $5 million beachfront home once, didn’t mean I could afford it. (The Celtics don’t have the cap space for a run at Chandler.)
Making the argument that the NBA lockout was about the owners trying to control the workers more than it was just about the money.
A report that Andrea Bargnaini seems to have lost weight and is moving well. That’s nice.
The Golden State Warriors are in the market for a big man. Who isn’t?
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5