Nov 29, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT
We suggest before reading this report you have a shaker of salt with you. Unless you’re a Celtics fan, in which case you should have blood pressure medicine with you. But know up front we don’t totally buy this.
While Boston is not shopping Rajon Rondo, it would be open to trading him in the right deal, sources say. The Celtics feel they need more scoring to take the load off of Paul Pierce.
If I were Boston I would consider trading Rondo as part of a deal to get Chris Paul out of New Orleans. Or Dwight Howard out of Orlando. That’s about it unless the Bulls decide to shop Derrick Rose (calm down Celtics fans, that’s not happening).
Rondo is not by himself a franchise cornerstone, but he’s the guy you want to pair with that cornerstone. He gave you 10.6 points and 11.2 assists per game and is a good defender, guys like that are not a dime a dozen. I get the need for scoring and the desire to make one more serious run this season with Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Pierce. But Rondo is the guy who is at the center of this team three years from now, and you only move him for a guy who is better and still young.
There just aren’t many of those.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 0
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 11
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29