Nov 29, 2011, 8:31 PM EDT
Adam Morrison is back. Hide the
women and children barber shears.
Now from the same source — Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated — comes the report that Morrison has been released from his Serbian side so he can try and get back in the NBA.
According to a source close to Morrison — who had no opt-out clause and was being paid approximately $350,000 on a one-year deal that began in October — was let out as a “good faith” gesture. After averaging 15.5 points per game and showing some of the fiery style for which he was known in college, Morrison received significant interest from some Euroleague teams and is even confident he could return to the NBA.
Unless a Euroleague team gives Morrison an offer he simply can’t refuse, he plans on returning to the United States on Wednesday. Morrison indicated via e-mail that it would be his preference to play closer to his homeland, saying his preference was to play “hopefully somewhere in the Western Hemisphere.”
If I were a GM looking for a wing scorer off the bench I would consider giving Morrison a camp invite. No way I would do guaranteed money, but I’d be willing to give him a look. You’d be surprised how well his Lakers teammates spoke of Morrison and if he has matured and regained his confidence there are worse gambles out there.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Roy Hibbert believes Shane Battier’s knee to his groin in Game 1 was intentional (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million