Nov 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you are a general manager looking for a guy to gamble on in this free agency period, Thaddeus Young might be the call.
He is 22, can play either forward spot, is an athletic slasher with the ball and can finish around the rim, last season showed more mature selection, plus he can defend. He took a step forward last year as the Philadelphia sixth man and he was one reason they made the playoffs. There’s reasons PBT had him No. 5 on our top free agents list, even though he is restricted.
Hearing the Sixers are very nervous about someone swooping in with a big offer for Thaddeus Young. Young’s stock soared last season.
The Sixers are just under the salary cap right now at $54 million, so they have some room to match an offer to Young, they will not go that far to do it. He’s a guy the Sixers want back but they have other priorities.
Young has said he wants to stay with the Sixers, but if a big offer rolls in….
This is a guy to watch — some team with cap space and in need of a forward may well make a run at him. And it would be a smart risk.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15