Nov 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you are a general manager looking for a guy to gamble on in this free agency period, Thaddeus Young might be the call.
He is 22, can play either forward spot, is an athletic slasher with the ball and can finish around the rim, last season showed more mature selection, plus he can defend. He took a step forward last year as the Philadelphia sixth man and he was one reason they made the playoffs. There’s reasons PBT had him No. 5 on our top free agents list, even though he is restricted.
Hearing the Sixers are very nervous about someone swooping in with a big offer for Thaddeus Young. Young’s stock soared last season.
The Sixers are just under the salary cap right now at $54 million, so they have some room to match an offer to Young, they will not go that far to do it. He’s a guy the Sixers want back but they have other priorities.
Young has said he wants to stay with the Sixers, but if a big offer rolls in….
This is a guy to watch — some team with cap space and in need of a forward may well make a run at him. And it would be a smart risk.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)