Nov 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you are a general manager looking for a guy to gamble on in this free agency period, Thaddeus Young might be the call.
He is 22, can play either forward spot, is an athletic slasher with the ball and can finish around the rim, last season showed more mature selection, plus he can defend. He took a step forward last year as the Philadelphia sixth man and he was one reason they made the playoffs. There’s reasons PBT had him No. 5 on our top free agents list, even though he is restricted.
Hearing the Sixers are very nervous about someone swooping in with a big offer for Thaddeus Young. Young’s stock soared last season.
The Sixers are just under the salary cap right now at $54 million, so they have some room to match an offer to Young, they will not go that far to do it. He’s a guy the Sixers want back but they have other priorities.
Young has said he wants to stay with the Sixers, but if a big offer rolls in….
This is a guy to watch — some team with cap space and in need of a forward may well make a run at him. And it would be a smart risk.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 2
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 38
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 6
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 28
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5