Nov 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
If you are a general manager looking for a guy to gamble on in this free agency period, Thaddeus Young might be the call.
He is 22, can play either forward spot, is an athletic slasher with the ball and can finish around the rim, last season showed more mature selection, plus he can defend. He took a step forward last year as the Philadelphia sixth man and he was one reason they made the playoffs. There’s reasons PBT had him No. 5 on our top free agents list, even though he is restricted.
Hearing the Sixers are very nervous about someone swooping in with a big offer for Thaddeus Young. Young’s stock soared last season.
The Sixers are just under the salary cap right now at $54 million, so they have some room to match an offer to Young, they will not go that far to do it. He’s a guy the Sixers want back but they have other priorities.
Young has said he wants to stay with the Sixers, but if a big offer rolls in….
This is a guy to watch — some team with cap space and in need of a forward may well make a run at him. And it would be a smart risk.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18