Nov 28, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
We take a step back from today’s “what should my team do on Dec. 9” discussions to talk in Hebrew. Or at least about Hebrew.
A source close to the New York Knick tells us the power forward is interested in opening a Hebrew school, which would focus on teaching the language and Jewish history. The insider says the idea appears to be on the back burner for the time being but that Stoudemire has discussed it seriously.
Stoudemire’s mother is of Jewish heritage and he has embraced learning about it in the last year, heading to Israel himself. He also keeps Kosher now and has a Star of David tattoo (which is ironic).
Hard to fault any NBA player who wants to sink his money into a school for others, however.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 14
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 55
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73