Nov 28, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
We take a step back from today’s “what should my team do on Dec. 9” discussions to talk in Hebrew. Or at least about Hebrew.
A source close to the New York Knick tells us the power forward is interested in opening a Hebrew school, which would focus on teaching the language and Jewish history. The insider says the idea appears to be on the back burner for the time being but that Stoudemire has discussed it seriously.
Stoudemire’s mother is of Jewish heritage and he has embraced learning about it in the last year, heading to Israel himself. He also keeps Kosher now and has a Star of David tattoo (which is ironic).
Hard to fault any NBA player who wants to sink his money into a school for others, however.
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 0
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16