Nov 28, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
We take a step back from today’s “what should my team do on Dec. 9” discussions to talk in Hebrew. Or at least about Hebrew.
A source close to the New York Knick tells us the power forward is interested in opening a Hebrew school, which would focus on teaching the language and Jewish history. The insider says the idea appears to be on the back burner for the time being but that Stoudemire has discussed it seriously.
Stoudemire’s mother is of Jewish heritage and he has embraced learning about it in the last year, heading to Israel himself. He also keeps Kosher now and has a Star of David tattoo (which is ironic).
Hard to fault any NBA player who wants to sink his money into a school for others, however.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29