Nov 28, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
We take a step back from today’s “what should my team do on Dec. 9” discussions to talk in Hebrew. Or at least about Hebrew.
A source close to the New York Knick tells us the power forward is interested in opening a Hebrew school, which would focus on teaching the language and Jewish history. The insider says the idea appears to be on the back burner for the time being but that Stoudemire has discussed it seriously.
Stoudemire’s mother is of Jewish heritage and he has embraced learning about it in the last year, heading to Israel himself. He also keeps Kosher now and has a Star of David tattoo (which is ironic).
Hard to fault any NBA player who wants to sink his money into a school for others, however.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16