Nov 28, 2011, 5:49 PM EDT
We take a step back from today’s “what should my team do on Dec. 9” discussions to talk in Hebrew. Or at least about Hebrew.
A source close to the New York Knick tells us the power forward is interested in opening a Hebrew school, which would focus on teaching the language and Jewish history. The insider says the idea appears to be on the back burner for the time being but that Stoudemire has discussed it seriously.
Stoudemire’s mother is of Jewish heritage and he has embraced learning about it in the last year, heading to Israel himself. He also keeps Kosher now and has a Star of David tattoo (which is ironic).
Hard to fault any NBA player who wants to sink his money into a school for others, however.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37