Nov 28, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
We welcome with open arms our first real trade rumor of the post-lockout era. We’ve missed you guys.
Jazz forward Paul Millsap is available, according to a story in the Indy Star and backed up by John Hollinger of ESPN. This is not a huge shock, the Jazz were reportedly shopping Millsap around during the draft but didn’t find an offer they liked.
The Pacers are reportedly interested. What makes this especially interesting is that Kevin Pritchard is with the Pacers now, but he was with the Trail Blazers when they made a run to lure Millsap out of Utah. The Jazz matched that offer, but Pritchard has apparently not soured on Millsap, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
The Jazz like Millsap, too, but they have young Derrick Favors to play the four and the pogo stick that is Jeremy Evans behind him. (Evans impressed me at the Impact league and I hope to see him get more run.) The Jazz will move Millsap if a team can give them value in return.
Millsap has two years, $13.5 million left on his deal and will turn 26 next season, which essentially makes him a steal. He is a good rebounder and solid offensive threat inside who gave the Jazz 17.3 points and 7.6 rebounds per game last season, he is a good passer out of the post and just does everything pretty well. He had a PER of 19.8 last season, which would have had him 10th in the league among power forwards (just behind David West but ahead of Lamar Odom, Chris Bosh and Josh Smith).
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34