Nov 28, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
We welcome with open arms our first real trade rumor of the post-lockout era. We’ve missed you guys.
Jazz forward Paul Millsap is available, according to a story in the Indy Star and backed up by John Hollinger of ESPN. This is not a huge shock, the Jazz were reportedly shopping Millsap around during the draft but didn’t find an offer they liked.
The Pacers are reportedly interested. What makes this especially interesting is that Kevin Pritchard is with the Pacers now, but he was with the Trail Blazers when they made a run to lure Millsap out of Utah. The Jazz matched that offer, but Pritchard has apparently not soured on Millsap, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
The Jazz like Millsap, too, but they have young Derrick Favors to play the four and the pogo stick that is Jeremy Evans behind him. (Evans impressed me at the Impact league and I hope to see him get more run.) The Jazz will move Millsap if a team can give them value in return.
Millsap has two years, $13.5 million left on his deal and will turn 26 next season, which essentially makes him a steal. He is a good rebounder and solid offensive threat inside who gave the Jazz 17.3 points and 7.6 rebounds per game last season, he is a good passer out of the post and just does everything pretty well. He had a PER of 19.8 last season, which would have had him 10th in the league among power forwards (just behind David West but ahead of Lamar Odom, Chris Bosh and Josh Smith).
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13