Nov 28, 2011, 8:02 PM EST
We welcome with open arms our first real trade rumor of the post-lockout era. We’ve missed you guys.
Jazz forward Paul Millsap is available, according to a story in the Indy Star and backed up by John Hollinger of ESPN. This is not a huge shock, the Jazz were reportedly shopping Millsap around during the draft but didn’t find an offer they liked.
The Pacers are reportedly interested. What makes this especially interesting is that Kevin Pritchard is with the Pacers now, but he was with the Trail Blazers when they made a run to lure Millsap out of Utah. The Jazz matched that offer, but Pritchard has apparently not soured on Millsap, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
The Jazz like Millsap, too, but they have young Derrick Favors to play the four and the pogo stick that is Jeremy Evans behind him. (Evans impressed me at the Impact league and I hope to see him get more run.) The Jazz will move Millsap if a team can give them value in return.
Millsap has two years, $13.5 million left on his deal and will turn 26 next season, which essentially makes him a steal. He is a good rebounder and solid offensive threat inside who gave the Jazz 17.3 points and 7.6 rebounds per game last season, he is a good passer out of the post and just does everything pretty well. He had a PER of 19.8 last season, which would have had him 10th in the league among power forwards (just behind David West but ahead of Lamar Odom, Chris Bosh and Josh Smith).
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11