Nov 28, 2011, 11:47 AM EDT
With the end of the NBA lockout, NBA players are exiting Europe and heading back to the good ol’ US of A for an NBA season. What players are on the move are the highlights of our morning one liners.
If you read one thing today, make it this very thoughtful look at where the NBA will be in six years and how the fast-changing style of media consumption by you fans could impact the league and the new labor deal, written by friend-of-this-blog Kevin Arnovitz
Despite all kinds of rumors there were handshake deals under the table, so far Chinese teams do not look like they are going to release J.R. Smith, Wilson Chandler and others.
Know this about the new NBA 66-game schedule — it’s not good for quality NBA play. But it will maximize revenue for the owners and players. Again, it’s all about the money, not the game.
Leandro Barbosa is on his way back to the USA soon, but he doesn’t sound happy about it. The Brazilian was playing in his home country and was pumped to have Christmas with his family. Not going to happen now.
Rudy Fernandez tweaked his knee with Real Madrid and will be out about a week. That will not impact his return to the Dallas Mavericks for training camp. Or him telling Dallas he wants to go back to Spain.
Here’s a great breakdown of where every team is in relation to the salary cap and what kind of moves they can make starting Dec. 9 when free agency opens.
In a shock to almost nobody, the Bulls will not bring back Janero Pargo.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59