Nov 28, 2011, 11:47 AM EST
With the end of the NBA lockout, NBA players are exiting Europe and heading back to the good ol’ US of A for an NBA season. What players are on the move are the highlights of our morning one liners.
If you read one thing today, make it this very thoughtful look at where the NBA will be in six years and how the fast-changing style of media consumption by you fans could impact the league and the new labor deal, written by friend-of-this-blog Kevin Arnovitz
Despite all kinds of rumors there were handshake deals under the table, so far Chinese teams do not look like they are going to release J.R. Smith, Wilson Chandler and others.
Know this about the new NBA 66-game schedule — it’s not good for quality NBA play. But it will maximize revenue for the owners and players. Again, it’s all about the money, not the game.
Leandro Barbosa is on his way back to the USA soon, but he doesn’t sound happy about it. The Brazilian was playing in his home country and was pumped to have Christmas with his family. Not going to happen now.
Rudy Fernandez tweaked his knee with Real Madrid and will be out about a week. That will not impact his return to the Dallas Mavericks for training camp. Or him telling Dallas he wants to go back to Spain.
Here’s a great breakdown of where every team is in relation to the salary cap and what kind of moves they can make starting Dec. 9 when free agency opens.
In a shock to almost nobody, the Bulls will not bring back Janero Pargo.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)