Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Finally — forget the tedious discussions of BRI, escrow, “disclaimer of interest” and the other stuff that made us feel like we were studying for the bar exam not following the NBA. It’s time to get serious. It’s time to do what we fans do best.
It’s time to play armchair GM.
There is just a month until NBA games tip off and the free agent and trading period will be an absolute frenzy starting Dec. 9. If you’ve been wondering what your team should do, we’ve got the answers. Back in October the staff here at PBT took an in-depth look at all 30 teams, from the Lakers’ need for a point guard to the Knicks’ need for a defensive big man, and every stop on the NBA map in between.
Below is the link to every team. See what we think your team needs to do — then pray that the new CBA lets them do it. Sorry Magic fans, it probably still won’t be enough.
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
New York Knicks
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14