Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Finally — forget the tedious discussions of BRI, escrow, “disclaimer of interest” and the other stuff that made us feel like we were studying for the bar exam not following the NBA. It’s time to get serious. It’s time to do what we fans do best.
It’s time to play armchair GM.
There is just a month until NBA games tip off and the free agent and trading period will be an absolute frenzy starting Dec. 9. If you’ve been wondering what your team should do, we’ve got the answers. Back in October the staff here at PBT took an in-depth look at all 30 teams, from the Lakers’ need for a point guard to the Knicks’ need for a defensive big man, and every stop on the NBA map in between.
Below is the link to every team. See what we think your team needs to do — then pray that the new CBA lets them do it. Sorry Magic fans, it probably still won’t be enough.
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
New York Knicks
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 6
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2