Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Finally — forget the tedious discussions of BRI, escrow, “disclaimer of interest” and the other stuff that made us feel like we were studying for the bar exam not following the NBA. It’s time to get serious. It’s time to do what we fans do best.
It’s time to play armchair GM.
There is just a month until NBA games tip off and the free agent and trading period will be an absolute frenzy starting Dec. 9. If you’ve been wondering what your team should do, we’ve got the answers. Back in October the staff here at PBT took an in-depth look at all 30 teams, from the Lakers’ need for a point guard to the Knicks’ need for a defensive big man, and every stop on the NBA map in between.
Below is the link to every team. See what we think your team needs to do — then pray that the new CBA lets them do it. Sorry Magic fans, it probably still won’t be enough.
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
New York Knicks
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32