Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Finally — forget the tedious discussions of BRI, escrow, “disclaimer of interest” and the other stuff that made us feel like we were studying for the bar exam not following the NBA. It’s time to get serious. It’s time to do what we fans do best.
It’s time to play armchair GM.
There is just a month until NBA games tip off and the free agent and trading period will be an absolute frenzy starting Dec. 9. If you’ve been wondering what your team should do, we’ve got the answers. Back in October the staff here at PBT took an in-depth look at all 30 teams, from the Lakers’ need for a point guard to the Knicks’ need for a defensive big man, and every stop on the NBA map in between.
Below is the link to every team. See what we think your team needs to do — then pray that the new CBA lets them do it. Sorry Magic fans, it probably still won’t be enough.
Golden State Warriors
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Portland Trail Blazers
San Antonio Spurs
New Jersey Nets
New York Knicks
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 10
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 22
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 48
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65