Nov 26, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
In case you were not one of us up at 3 a.m. (Eastern, there are advantages to my West Coast perch some days) here is the video of David Stern and Billy Hunter talking about the tentative NBA labor deal early Saturday morning when it was announced.
Both are lawyers and both choose their words carefully here, but know that they will get this deal passed — the only thing more damaging to the NBA than that lockout would be to have a deal to start games on Christmas fall through and for the lockout to start up again. This will get approved, not unanimously on either side, but approved.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)