Nov 26, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
In case you were not one of us up at 3 a.m. (Eastern, there are advantages to my West Coast perch some days) here is the video of David Stern and Billy Hunter talking about the tentative NBA labor deal early Saturday morning when it was announced.
Both are lawyers and both choose their words carefully here, but know that they will get this deal passed — the only thing more damaging to the NBA than that lockout would be to have a deal to start games on Christmas fall through and for the lockout to start up again. This will get approved, not unanimously on either side, but approved.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 28
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 51
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 16
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10