Nov 26, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
In case you were not one of us up at 3 a.m. (Eastern, there are advantages to my West Coast perch some days) here is the video of David Stern and Billy Hunter talking about the tentative NBA labor deal early Saturday morning when it was announced.
Both are lawyers and both choose their words carefully here, but know that they will get this deal passed — the only thing more damaging to the NBA than that lockout would be to have a deal to start games on Christmas fall through and for the lockout to start up again. This will get approved, not unanimously on either side, but approved.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 9
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 51
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20