Nov 25, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Kevin Durant‘s marketing this summer is such a coordinated thing of beauty. He is running around the nation playing in every pro-am and charity game he can find, all the time wearing “basketball never stops” shirts. He is selling his love for the game, a great counter to the lockout. He probably does love the game, but this coordinated “he will play anywhere” campaign is brilliant.
Which brings us to this lated Nike ad for KD, where he plays at a church and a playground and anywhere else they will let him. Well done. My favorite ad from him yet.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 58
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32