Nov 25, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
The Pistons’ Austin Daye packed up in September and was off to Moscow, signing a two-month deal to play with BC Khimki. He learned that life in Moscow is different than where he grew up in Los Angeles
The staff at BC Khimki learned they don’t really want to keep Daye around.
“Viktor Bychkov, general director of BC Khimki, said the club will not renew the agreement with their American small forward Austin Daye. The 23-year-old player of the NBA’s Detroit Pistons had signed a two-month contract, which now expired. ‘The club will not renew the agreement with Austin Daye. The position of our club is to consider seriously players from the NBA, if we are sure the player can sign a contract until the end of the season, not until the end of the lockout,’ Bychkov said as quoted by RIA Novosti.”
Daye had apparently not made a big impact on the court (while both Timofey Mozgov and Chris Quinn have). The attitude of teams wanting guys who aren’t going to leave is something we expect to see from more teams — they want guys who are in for the big games upcoming, not living to leave.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona