Nov 25, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
Like the leftovers you are trying to fashion into meal, here are few things scattered around today we are fashioning into a post.
• Up at UC Berkley (what you call Cal) there is a charity game scheduled now for Dec. 10 billed as “Steve Nash vs. Jason Kidd” (via the twitter of Yahoo’s Marc Spears). Kidd went to Cal, Nash went to school down the road at Santa Clara. Also in are Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Stephen Curry, David Lee, DeMar DeRozan, Corey Maggette, Shawn Marion, and some other point guard named Ricky Rubio. Smart money says Kevin Durant shows up, too.
• Wizards forward Yi Jianlian injured his right knee during a game with his Chinese team Friday (thanks to nba247365.com for the updates). We do not yet know the severity, but he had to be helped off the court and did not return.
• Pacers guard (and former Spur) George Hill is reportedly close to a deal with Greek team Olympiakos. If not him the squad wants Jose Calderon. Hill should ask Josh Childress about the experience, that is the team he played with for two seasons.
• On the flip side of that coin, Reggie Williams and Spanish side Caja Laboral have agreed to part ways. The official reasons are cited as “questions of adaptation to different playing style, cultural barriers.” We’re going to see more of this.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 0
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 12
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11