Nov 25, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
Like the leftovers you are trying to fashion into meal, here are few things scattered around today we are fashioning into a post.
• Up at UC Berkley (what you call Cal) there is a charity game scheduled now for Dec. 10 billed as “Steve Nash vs. Jason Kidd” (via the twitter of Yahoo’s Marc Spears). Kidd went to Cal, Nash went to school down the road at Santa Clara. Also in are Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Stephen Curry, David Lee, DeMar DeRozan, Corey Maggette, Shawn Marion, and some other point guard named Ricky Rubio. Smart money says Kevin Durant shows up, too.
• Wizards forward Yi Jianlian injured his right knee during a game with his Chinese team Friday (thanks to nba247365.com for the updates). We do not yet know the severity, but he had to be helped off the court and did not return.
• Pacers guard (and former Spur) George Hill is reportedly close to a deal with Greek team Olympiakos. If not him the squad wants Jose Calderon. Hill should ask Josh Childress about the experience, that is the team he played with for two seasons.
• On the flip side of that coin, Reggie Williams and Spanish side Caja Laboral have agreed to part ways. The official reasons are cited as “questions of adaptation to different playing style, cultural barriers.” We’re going to see more of this.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18