Nov 25, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Like the leftovers you are trying to fashion into meal, here are few things scattered around today we are fashioning into a post.
• Up at UC Berkley (what you call Cal) there is a charity game scheduled now for Dec. 10 billed as “Steve Nash vs. Jason Kidd” (via the twitter of Yahoo’s Marc Spears). Kidd went to Cal, Nash went to school down the road at Santa Clara. Also in are Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Stephen Curry, David Lee, DeMar DeRozan, Corey Maggette, Shawn Marion, and some other point guard named Ricky Rubio. Smart money says Kevin Durant shows up, too.
• Wizards forward Yi Jianlian injured his right knee during a game with his Chinese team Friday (thanks to nba247365.com for the updates). We do not yet know the severity, but he had to be helped off the court and did not return.
• Pacers guard (and former Spur) George Hill is reportedly close to a deal with Greek team Olympiakos. If not him the squad wants Jose Calderon. Hill should ask Josh Childress about the experience, that is the team he played with for two seasons.
• On the flip side of that coin, Reggie Williams and Spanish side Caja Laboral have agreed to part ways. The official reasons are cited as “questions of adaptation to different playing style, cultural barriers.” We’re going to see more of this.
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 5
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 13
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)