Nov 25, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
He apparently was good enough — or at least famous enough — to get a dancing role in a movie. That nugget came out in a Palm Beach Post story about how busy Wade had been this offseason.
Into August. A GQ photo shoot in New York. His first adult basketball fantasy camp in Miami. Rehearsals and, after hosting Wade’s World weekend in Chicago, filming for a dancing cameo in the Cameron Diaz movie, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, which (Wade’s business manager Lisa) Joseph says was the most nervous she’s seen him.
Two concerns. First, again, Wade can dance?
Second, “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” the movie? With dancing? If you’re not familiar (which means you have no children) the book is kind of a ubiquitous practical guide on dealing with pregnancy. Pregnant women have a million questions, doctors spend about 30 seconds a visit with them, so you go to the book to see if that back pain is serious or normal.
How that makes a movie with dancing I have no idea. Maybe the name is the only tie in. All I know is I don’t want to see it, but I’m pretty sure I am not the target demographic. Still don’t know how Wade fits in to all that.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 1
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31