Nov 25, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
He apparently was good enough — or at least famous enough — to get a dancing role in a movie. That nugget came out in a Palm Beach Post story about how busy Wade had been this offseason.
Into August. A GQ photo shoot in New York. His first adult basketball fantasy camp in Miami. Rehearsals and, after hosting Wade’s World weekend in Chicago, filming for a dancing cameo in the Cameron Diaz movie, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, which (Wade’s business manager Lisa) Joseph says was the most nervous she’s seen him.
Two concerns. First, again, Wade can dance?
Second, “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” the movie? With dancing? If you’re not familiar (which means you have no children) the book is kind of a ubiquitous practical guide on dealing with pregnancy. Pregnant women have a million questions, doctors spend about 30 seconds a visit with them, so you go to the book to see if that back pain is serious or normal.
How that makes a movie with dancing I have no idea. Maybe the name is the only tie in. All I know is I don’t want to see it, but I’m pretty sure I am not the target demographic. Still don’t know how Wade fits in to all that.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9