Nov 25, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
He apparently was good enough — or at least famous enough — to get a dancing role in a movie. That nugget came out in a Palm Beach Post story about how busy Wade had been this offseason.
Into August. A GQ photo shoot in New York. His first adult basketball fantasy camp in Miami. Rehearsals and, after hosting Wade’s World weekend in Chicago, filming for a dancing cameo in the Cameron Diaz movie, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, which (Wade’s business manager Lisa) Joseph says was the most nervous she’s seen him.
Two concerns. First, again, Wade can dance?
Second, “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” the movie? With dancing? If you’re not familiar (which means you have no children) the book is kind of a ubiquitous practical guide on dealing with pregnancy. Pregnant women have a million questions, doctors spend about 30 seconds a visit with them, so you go to the book to see if that back pain is serious or normal.
How that makes a movie with dancing I have no idea. Maybe the name is the only tie in. All I know is I don’t want to see it, but I’m pretty sure I am not the target demographic. Still don’t know how Wade fits in to all that.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54