Nov 25, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
He apparently was good enough — or at least famous enough — to get a dancing role in a movie. That nugget came out in a Palm Beach Post story about how busy Wade had been this offseason.
Into August. A GQ photo shoot in New York. His first adult basketball fantasy camp in Miami. Rehearsals and, after hosting Wade’s World weekend in Chicago, filming for a dancing cameo in the Cameron Diaz movie, What to Expect When You’re Expecting, which (Wade’s business manager Lisa) Joseph says was the most nervous she’s seen him.
Two concerns. First, again, Wade can dance?
Second, “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” the movie? With dancing? If you’re not familiar (which means you have no children) the book is kind of a ubiquitous practical guide on dealing with pregnancy. Pregnant women have a million questions, doctors spend about 30 seconds a visit with them, so you go to the book to see if that back pain is serious or normal.
How that makes a movie with dancing I have no idea. Maybe the name is the only tie in. All I know is I don’t want to see it, but I’m pretty sure I am not the target demographic. Still don’t know how Wade fits in to all that.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28