Nov 24, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Happy Thanksgiving. We know you have a lot on your plate — literally — so we just bring you a few appetizers.
• We at PBT are thankful for all of you who read us every day. What makes this site fun is the comments and interaction with you. (What would make it even more fun is actual NBA basketball, but…)
• Jazz ownership wants you to know the rumors are not true, the Miller family has no intention of selling the team.
• Charles Barkley is ticked at the owners right now, but says the players should not be mad at Michael Jordan.
• The Miami Heat’s biggest stars — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Udonis Haslem — worked out together last week at the Nike facility in Oregon. No Mike Miller with them, read into that what you will (think amnesty clause).
• Would a franchise tag in the NBA really help small market teams all that much?
• The Milwaukee Bucks want you to know their fans win a lot of awards.
• The Idaho Stampede of the D-League have released Antoine Walker, but that was really just to clear up roster space for a short time. He said he will join the team in a couple weeks once clearing up some personal matters, something confirmed by multiple reports now.
• An interesting feature on Joey Buss, another of the up-and-coming Buss children who will be the future of Lakers management.
• Talking life after the NBA with Lamond Murray.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 0
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2