Nov 23, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
We tend to think of Steve Kerr as the guy Michael Jordan trusted enough to pass to for an NBA finals-clinching jumper over the Jazz in 1997.
But Kerr had been in the league long before then and been in awe of Jordan long before then. On the new NBATV show Open Court — which was quite good, by the way — Kerr recounted his first memory of Jordan in the league.
Hat tip to I am a GM for finding this.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 4
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28