Nov 23, 2011, 1:19 AM EDT
Khloe & Lamar in Istanbul?
Besiktas has reportedly made runs recently at Kevin Love, Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng but have not been able to land one of them. Now Besiktas has lost center Semih Erden (of the Cavaliers) for a couple months with a broken thumb the need for another big man on the roster intensifies.
Other players on Besiktas’ radar, according to NTV Spor in Turkey, are Denver Nuggets free agent center Nene and Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat.
It’s believed that Gortat — owed just under $22 million over the next three seasons — is highly interested in the job, which is why he has been widely described in Turkey as the most likely newcomer from the NBA to join Williams. Odom’s contract, though, would be the most manageable insurance wise for Besiktas, with just two years left worth slightly more than $17 million, but only a partial guarantee in 2012-13.
Odom has mused that he might want to play overseas after he becomes a free agent again (likely after the next season), but then again Odom muses about a lot of things.
Players are being cautious with Besiktas — except for with Allen Iverson last season, the team had a reputation of being late with payments to players. Recently two WNBA players who play for the Besiktas women’s team left it for lack of payment. What sponsors would pick up the tab for another name NBA player remains to be seen.
That said, the ball is in Odom’s court.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 1
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 4
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'