Nov 23, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
I think we may have finally found the perfect job for Delonte West.
“Pawn Stars” — the History Channel’s hit show that is tenuously tied to history — is looking to bring in an out of work NBA player.
TMZ has learned …”Pawn Stars” honcho Rick Harrison is adamant that he wants to help a struggling, talented, out-of-work NBA player earn a paycheck during the never-ending lockout.
We’re told the job would require the baller to work the counter just like everyone else in the shop. As for salary — we’re told Rick will work out the details depending on who applies for the gig.
Clearly to make this work, you don’t want the rational, reasoned NBA player, so Jared Dudley is out. Delonte or Metta World Peace, now we’re talking. Better yet, maybe we need to see Kevin Garnett’s glare during negotiations with some poor shlub trying to make a few bucks off his grandfather’s military medals. I’d watch that.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25