Nov 23, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
I think we may have finally found the perfect job for Delonte West.
“Pawn Stars” — the History Channel’s hit show that is tenuously tied to history — is looking to bring in an out of work NBA player.
TMZ has learned …”Pawn Stars” honcho Rick Harrison is adamant that he wants to help a struggling, talented, out-of-work NBA player earn a paycheck during the never-ending lockout.
We’re told the job would require the baller to work the counter just like everyone else in the shop. As for salary — we’re told Rick will work out the details depending on who applies for the gig.
Clearly to make this work, you don’t want the rational, reasoned NBA player, so Jared Dudley is out. Delonte or Metta World Peace, now we’re talking. Better yet, maybe we need to see Kevin Garnett’s glare during negotiations with some poor shlub trying to make a few bucks off his grandfather’s military medals. I’d watch that.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 6
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 6
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19