Nov 23, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
I think we may have finally found the perfect job for Delonte West.
“Pawn Stars” — the History Channel’s hit show that is tenuously tied to history — is looking to bring in an out of work NBA player.
TMZ has learned …”Pawn Stars” honcho Rick Harrison is adamant that he wants to help a struggling, talented, out-of-work NBA player earn a paycheck during the never-ending lockout.
We’re told the job would require the baller to work the counter just like everyone else in the shop. As for salary — we’re told Rick will work out the details depending on who applies for the gig.
Clearly to make this work, you don’t want the rational, reasoned NBA player, so Jared Dudley is out. Delonte or Metta World Peace, now we’re talking. Better yet, maybe we need to see Kevin Garnett’s glare during negotiations with some poor shlub trying to make a few bucks off his grandfather’s military medals. I’d watch that.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 45
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13