Nov 23, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
I think we may have finally found the perfect job for Delonte West.
“Pawn Stars” — the History Channel’s hit show that is tenuously tied to history — is looking to bring in an out of work NBA player.
TMZ has learned …”Pawn Stars” honcho Rick Harrison is adamant that he wants to help a struggling, talented, out-of-work NBA player earn a paycheck during the never-ending lockout.
We’re told the job would require the baller to work the counter just like everyone else in the shop. As for salary — we’re told Rick will work out the details depending on who applies for the gig.
Clearly to make this work, you don’t want the rational, reasoned NBA player, so Jared Dudley is out. Delonte or Metta World Peace, now we’re talking. Better yet, maybe we need to see Kevin Garnett’s glare during negotiations with some poor shlub trying to make a few bucks off his grandfather’s military medals. I’d watch that.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28