Jerseys for Obama fundraiser game are pretty sweet

Nov 23, 2011, 9:39 PM EST

Obama basketball-jersey

Conveniently on the market just in time for Black Friday, we bring you the latest in presidential basketball game wear.

Barack Obama is hosting a charity fundraising game Dec. 12 that will feature a number of NBA players helping Obama pad his reelection campaign coffers. (If there is a Thanksgiving miracle and the lockout is solved this weekend, you can be assured that David Stern and the league will make sure this high-profile game still goes off with all its stars.)

What you see here are the jerseys for the game… which are pretty sweet, frankly (via Deadspin). And of course, you can buy one for yourself at the president’s fundraising Web site. If I were still buying jerseys and not using that money for trivialities such as feeding my children, I’d seriously be considering the purchase.

We’re just passing this along to help out your Black Friday purchasing, so you’re not one of the fools sitting in front of Best Buy all day waiting for the store to open. (Hint: They are having the same sale online.)

source:

1. dirtybird2020 - Nov 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Who the efff would support that bum!! Efff obama! Fricken celebrity for a president, and the stupid people who voted for him just cause hes black!

• kinggw - Nov 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Please do everyone a favor and go play in traffic.

• trbowman - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Try being a little more mature with your comments.

• eaglessuperfan - Nov 24, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I agree that more maturity would be nice. But get over the guys skin color. It is pigment man!

2. Gordon - Nov 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM

I smell flame bait Kurt.

3. bcb1999 - Nov 23, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Why’s it gotta be “Black Friday”…? Why you gotta do a brother like that, Kurt Helin. Or, should I say, Heil-in…

…no, I suppose it’s Helin.

• bic05 - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Seriously?

• bcb1999 - Nov 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Woosh….

4. redbear18 - Nov 23, 2011 at 10:51 PM

:youvegottobekiddingme: The guy who sent this country into recession and claims to be taxing the wealthy to make life better for the poor is holding a game for obscenely wealthy athletes to make even more money? Kurt, if you’re looking for someone to blame for not being able to buy jerseys because you’re trying to afford food for your children, look no further. P.S. The whole “anybody who hates Obama is racist” argument is crap. I’m black, and I think he’s an idiot who doesn’t know how to run a country. Bush wasn’t a great president, but Obama’s taken all his problems and made them worse. Please don’t bring politics into sports any more, thank you.

• trbowman - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:25 PM

The people who play that race card do so because they’re too uninformed to challenge you on the real issues.

• verytalldad - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM

the chances that “redbear” is actually black, are about same as the amount of people who actually believe the recession started AFTER Obama took office. Because you know, there are actual facts and statistics that the recession started with Bush and job losses were about 200k a month in the final months of Bushs job.

I also think Osama bin Laden might disagree about Obama making terrorism worse under his term.

• trbowman - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Bush was an awful president.

But, that doesn’t somehow means Obama is better. He’s been terrible too.

As usual, none of the candidates really do anything for me.

Ah well, this is a basketball talk site.

Then again, there’s no basketball to discuss.

• trbowman - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Black republicans exist dude, so stop acting as if this guy is trying to claim he saw bigfoot, lol.

And really? People are still playing the Osama card?

• verytalldad - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Yes, it DOES mean Obama is better. Thats the problem. People cant come to grips with that.

Osama card? Like Osama being killed is like passing a bill or something. No big deal I guess. Bush spent 7 years trying to find him, Obama gets him no big deal. The truth is if Obama was a republican and found bin Laden under his watch, toppled Libya, prevented a next depression, had corprate profits at RECORD highs, and cut taxes on everyone (fact), he would be on Mount Rushmore by now.

But yeh, hes been terrible too I guess.

And why do basketball sites talk about him, if you havent noticed he is kind of a fan.

And yes black republicans exist, but they dont usually end every ranting paragraphs with “and I am Black!!!”. Your statements should stand on their own.

• eaglessuperfan - Nov 24, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Still? he was killed in May! If that is still then you are very shortsighted.

• noirad - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM

too bad the country was already in debt before he took over. get your facts straight.

5. trbowman - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM

“Barack Obama is hosting a charity fundraising game Dec. 12 that will feature a number of NBA players helping Obama pad his reelection campaign coffers.”

Tell me which players are participating so I’ll know who to cheer against.

Then again, I’d be cheering against 90% of the league so maybe it’s not a good idea to bother, lol.

• verytalldad - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:52 PM

werent you the same guy who said keep it mature? Not liking someone bc of who they vote for is pretty much the opposite of mature. You dislike 56 million people who voted in 2008. You must have lots of friends.

• trbowman - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:36 AM

What? I never said I disliked anybody.

If I disliked people I disagreed with politically, I’d hate 97% of the world, lol.

• verytalldad - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:06 AM

I would call cheering against someone for liking Obama, disliking them.

But I am the 97% I guess.

6. jmclarkent - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Though the tag clearly reads “made in America”, apparently there is an unsubstantiated belief that these jerseys were actually created in Kenya.

7. verytalldad - Nov 23, 2011 at 11:50 PM

FINALLY!!! Another Obama post that allows me to spout all the stuff Rush Limbaugh taught me!!!!

Posting on message boards make me a better person. And calling any President (pretty much the most famous person on the planet at that time) a celebrity takes him down a peg or two. THAT’ll TEACH OBAMA!!!!!

You see I dont like Obama because I am white, middle class, good parents, had many opprotunities to succeed and I a sell insurance. OBAMA on the other hand is the complete opposite and is the PRESIDENT OF THE USA. How dare he make me feel worse about my life.

Go to Fox Nation and post your crap. The jerseys are sweet. End of story.

8. noirad - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM

and you thought lebron liked to have his name on everything…lol

9. goforthanddie - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:56 AM

They’re pretty dull.

10. noworkjustgrace - Nov 24, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Are you kidding me. In 8 years Bush put the national debt at like 8 trillion. In just3 years Obama made it almost double to $15 trillion! Really? And I’m supposed to buy this losers jersey? Obama inherited debt, yes, so why didn’t he lower the debt in 3 years instead of doubling it? Obama needs to stop with all the basketball crap when there is so much work to be done.

11. vomitingliberals - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Man, if this wasn’t a website owned and operated by NBC, who in turn, is owned and operated by GE and Jeffrey Immelt who happens to be the head of Obama’s Jobs Council, I’d almost be surprised by the blatent schilling in the journalism here!

Secondly, the jerseys are ugly and only a clown would even consider sending this President any money for his re-election with what has become of this country. Yes, the meltdown began under Bush and the DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY in Congress (Remember them, people? Barney Frank & Chris Dodd pushing Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac to make loans to people who would normally never qualify? Bush tried to stop them on 3 occasions, but nobody cared. That’s what crashed the economy silly people! Wake up!), but Barack Obama has also increased Bush’s spending THREEFOLD!!! Just wait till Obamacare kicks in. If you think you are poor now, if you think you have bad health care now, you just wait. This economy is racing toward collapse. Europe is going down and we are next. You lemmings better wake up before all of your hate, sarcasm, and cynicism turns into tears. There is no such thing as a free ride and we are about to pay up. Elect Obama and America will collapse.

• verytalldad - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:22 AM

THE RALLYING CRY HAS BEEN SIGNALED!!! THERE IS AN OBAMA POST ON A SPORTS WEBSITE!!!! ATTTACK!!!!

We need delusional rants on Obamacare-check
      Defend Bush-check
      Obama wants America to fail -check
      Blame the economy collapse on Fannie/Freddie (AKA POOR PEOPLE)-Check
      Dont blame banks (RICH PEOPLE)-check
      Dont talk about sports-check
      Mention Obamacare and not mention it reduces the deficit and leaves current private insurance companies in charge-check
      Dont mention corporate profits are HIGH while claiming Obama is socialist- check

I’D SAY OUR JOB HERE IS DONE!!!! HAZAH!!!! HAZAH!!!!!

• kamarisunc - Nov 24, 2011 at 11:31 PM

This pseudo-intelligent konservative babble underwhelms me !!!

12. vomitingliberals - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Oh and by the way…

The Obama jerseys should be red with a hammer & sickle. What’s with the red, white, and blue? Anyone with a brain knows the man hates his own country, lol. Cut the pretense already, he’s the most Anti-American President in the history of this nation. I’m done with this disgusting website! All of you who worship this unqualified Chicago street hustler will know within two years of his being re-elected what I have come to know already (and I am far from alone). He’s going to sink this ship and anyone who sends him any money is just helping him do it. Very sad, I hope you can swim (but I doubt it).

• verytalldad - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Oops

Make second post reiterating point-check
      Obama is socialist again while corporate profits at record highs-check
      Dont mention that Americans want rich people taxed to reduce deficit-check
      Dont mention that American currently pay one of the lowest tax rates in US history-check
      Dont mention Obama has cut taxes-check
      Dont mention Obama was from broken home without the luxuries of a trust fund like Bush/Romney and has accomplished more-check
      Mention sickle bc the soviet union is SO relevenat in 2011-check
      Mention how trying to get poor people to vote in chicago makes him a hustler-check

Missing
      Poor people dont pay taxes- they dont bc of child tax credit by Bush
      Expensive wars, Medicare part D passed by Bush and Bush tax cuts have added 13 trillion in deficit

13. seanb20124 - Nov 24, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Will players from all 57 States participate.

14. ranoversquarells - Nov 24, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I miss the days of sane right wing talk …

15. Gordon - Nov 24, 2011 at 9:13 AM

See Kurt, you succeeded with the flame bait. Do you feel good about yourself now?

16. cosanostra71 - Nov 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM

our president, the celebrity… oh well, only about a year left of him then he can go back to wherever it is that he came from

• kamarisunc - Nov 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Romney? Gingrich? Perry? Cain? LOL !!! Nope… 4 more…

17. devonthefineone - Nov 24, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Someone said he was voted by black people cause he was black. the same reason he was voted for was the same reason why other people didnt.

18. kamarisunc - Nov 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

i guess we can’t help lining up on any issue relating to this President, or anything else that does not enhance or support the centuries-old lie of Anglo-European superiority without becoming immature. Yes, the jerseys are ugly; No, our countries’ problems were not caused by this President or his administration, but is the result of unfettered greed by institutions whose raping of our most valuable resourse (it’s people, black,white,brown, and yellow) seems to always go unquestioned. It’s time to wake up and see that the real enemy is not a person, or group of people, it is, and has been our institutions…

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches