Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
A year ago, both Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi and his girlfriend at the time were arrested and charged with domestic assault after a fight between them. Eventually the charges against the girlfriend were dropped as police and prosecutors believed her side of the story where Haddadi was the aggressor.
The former girlfriend of Memphis Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi filed a civil suit Tuesday, claiming that an altercation in his Downtown apartment last year left her with scars, post-traumatic stress and bills for medical and psychological treatment….
She was intoxicated, bleeding from her head and hand and had a black eye and bruising around her neck, according to an affidavit.
The assault case against Haddadi is still pending.
Haddadi is the NBA’s lone player from Iran, but he has been buried on the Grizzlies bench. He played in just 31 games for the team last year and 5.4 minutes on average in those games — basically mop up duty.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 17
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 37
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 13
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33