Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
A year ago, both Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi and his girlfriend at the time were arrested and charged with domestic assault after a fight between them. Eventually the charges against the girlfriend were dropped as police and prosecutors believed her side of the story where Haddadi was the aggressor.
The former girlfriend of Memphis Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi filed a civil suit Tuesday, claiming that an altercation in his Downtown apartment last year left her with scars, post-traumatic stress and bills for medical and psychological treatment….
She was intoxicated, bleeding from her head and hand and had a black eye and bruising around her neck, according to an affidavit.
The assault case against Haddadi is still pending.
Haddadi is the NBA’s lone player from Iran, but he has been buried on the Grizzlies bench. He played in just 31 games for the team last year and 5.4 minutes on average in those games — basically mop up duty.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9