Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
A year ago, both Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi and his girlfriend at the time were arrested and charged with domestic assault after a fight between them. Eventually the charges against the girlfriend were dropped as police and prosecutors believed her side of the story where Haddadi was the aggressor.
The former girlfriend of Memphis Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi filed a civil suit Tuesday, claiming that an altercation in his Downtown apartment last year left her with scars, post-traumatic stress and bills for medical and psychological treatment….
She was intoxicated, bleeding from her head and hand and had a black eye and bruising around her neck, according to an affidavit.
The assault case against Haddadi is still pending.
Haddadi is the NBA’s lone player from Iran, but he has been buried on the Grizzlies bench. He played in just 31 games for the team last year and 5.4 minutes on average in those games — basically mop up duty.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3