Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
A year ago, both Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi and his girlfriend at the time were arrested and charged with domestic assault after a fight between them. Eventually the charges against the girlfriend were dropped as police and prosecutors believed her side of the story where Haddadi was the aggressor.
The former girlfriend of Memphis Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi filed a civil suit Tuesday, claiming that an altercation in his Downtown apartment last year left her with scars, post-traumatic stress and bills for medical and psychological treatment….
She was intoxicated, bleeding from her head and hand and had a black eye and bruising around her neck, according to an affidavit.
The assault case against Haddadi is still pending.
Haddadi is the NBA’s lone player from Iran, but he has been buried on the Grizzlies bench. He played in just 31 games for the team last year and 5.4 minutes on average in those games — basically mop up duty.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60