Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
A year ago, both Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi and his girlfriend at the time were arrested and charged with domestic assault after a fight between them. Eventually the charges against the girlfriend were dropped as police and prosecutors believed her side of the story where Haddadi was the aggressor.
The former girlfriend of Memphis Grizzlies backup center Hamed Haddadi filed a civil suit Tuesday, claiming that an altercation in his Downtown apartment last year left her with scars, post-traumatic stress and bills for medical and psychological treatment….
She was intoxicated, bleeding from her head and hand and had a black eye and bruising around her neck, according to an affidavit.
The assault case against Haddadi is still pending.
Haddadi is the NBA’s lone player from Iran, but he has been buried on the Grizzlies bench. He played in just 31 games for the team last year and 5.4 minutes on average in those games — basically mop up duty.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14