Nov 22, 2011, 1:04 PM EDT
Or, consider the fact the company just had to file bankruptcy organization after settling a class action lawsuit against them for $57.4 million. Although the company says a more recent settlement was for only $1 million and it is business as usual, they are even launching a new mouthguard product. Again, decide for yourself.
All this does not mean that the Kings current arena in Sacramento will change names, reports the Sacramento Bee. It will still be the Power Balance Arena if the Kings play any games there this season. The Kings released this statement to the Bee:
“They have been good partners since day one and are understandably taking steps to put the company in a position to continue innovation in the performance technology sector. They have assured us of their commitment to the Sacramento Kings and the surrounding community and we expect to continue our productive partnership through this process and into the future.”
Tom Ziller at Sactown Royalty summed it up well — what do you expect the Kings to do, kick to the curb one of the few companies that stepped up to be a sponsor? The Celtics and Knicks can be picky about sponsors, the Kings cannot right now.
But if/when the Kings get a new arena built in Sacramento, you can bet it will have different naming rights.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 3
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 12
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights