Artest challenges Jordan to one-on-one game to end lockout

Nov 22, 2011, 7:13 PM EST

Los Angeles Lakers' Metta World Peace, formerly known as Ron Artest, holds a news conference in Los Angeles, California Reuters

At this point, just about any way you can think of to end the lockout is good with me.

So if it’s a game of one-on-one to 21 between and owner and a player, I’m good with that.

Which is exactly what Metta World Peace — the baller formerly known as Ron Artest — proposed on twitter, targeting the one owner who has played the game at the highest level.

source:

In this hypothetical, I’ll take Jordan. World Peace would win an even game to 21 (just an age thing) but Jordan would score about 10, he still practices with the Bobcats and can play a little. If World Peace spots him 20, well, Jordan’s going to enjoy those Cheetos.

Now, if World Peace challenges Michael Heisley to a game….

1. explosionsauce - Nov 22, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Jordan would probably win. He’s still has his fadeaway. You tube it.

2. jimbo75025 - Nov 22, 2011 at 10:06 PM

As if Mr. World Peace has not done enough in the last few years to look foolish already, now he is asking to be schooled by a 50 year old man? He might stand a better chance if he challenged MJ to a home run contest.

3. yournuts - Nov 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM

stupid is as stupid does.

4. thetooloftools - Nov 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM

He may ask not to play right away though so he can promote his new rap album.

5. yippityskippity69 - Nov 23, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Funny! Guys trying to keep their sense of humor through all of this. I’d still take Jordan by 8. So he wouldn’t be dunking like the old days but his jumper is solid and I bet he can Play D still and box out! Jordan could win while eating the Cheetos! Only one thing could throw him off his game…Cheeto fingers! Lol smart thinking Ron

6. jagwar73 - Nov 23, 2011 at 7:29 AM

Count me as somebody else who would take Jordan straight up. I’m sure MJ’s added a few lbs which will help him bang inside and does anyone really think he has lost that much skill to not be able to beat Artest? Barking up the wrong tree Ron. Although it would be fun to see Jordan embarrass you.

7. florida727 - Nov 23, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Anything to get your name in print, huh Ron? Rap album publicist probably encouraged it. Can’t believe I bothered to read this AND post on it. There’s 3 minutes of my life I’ll never get back…

8. dsims7 - Nov 23, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Ron, If you want a chance in he**, have MJ spot you 22 (you get .9 if you get in the paint). Don’t let his age fool you.

9. ricofoy - Nov 23, 2011 at 8:23 AM

The other condition should be Jordan has to shave off his Hitler mustache.

10. jebdamone - Nov 23, 2011 at 10:02 AM

even game of one on one jordan wins. don’t care how old he is.

11. toosano - Nov 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Calm down, Artest is just having a bit of fun at the lockouts expense. I applaud his sense of humor over the situation!

12. walkerfan15 - Nov 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Lol Jordan was and always will be the best player in the NBA No Matter what age he is ………

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches