Nov 21, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
We told you the big news already — J.R. Smith had a potentially serious injury and AK47 had one that looks painful but will only keep him out a few weeks. But there is other news about NBA players looking overseas, so here is a roundup.
• Turkish club Besiktas has been looking for a big to pair with Deron Williams and set their sights high (Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge) but seems to have come back to Marcin Gortat. Who is still a good fit, but not quite the athlete the other two are.
• Patrick Mills has left playing for Melbourne in his native Australia to sign with the Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers in China. The answer to you next question is money. If the NBA lockout ends and there is a season Mills will be one of the free agent guards available in March when the Chinese season ends, but he likely will not be in the NBA before that.
• Dexter Pittman said he will play for Atenas de Cordoba in Argentina. He is still under contract to the Heat.
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 0
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 43