Nov 21, 2011, 9:39 AM EDT
And the charity games just keep on coming… and in this case getting bigger.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will headline a four-city homecoming tour with money raised from the games going to charity, reports the Associated Press. Other players will slide in and out of the tour, but those four will be at each stop. Chris Bosh also is expected to play in all the contests.
Games are scheduled for Dec. 1 in Akron, Ohio, Dec. 4 in New Orleans, Dec. 7 in Chicago and Dec. 10 contest in East Rutherford, N.J. All of the games will be streamed live by tour sponsor Google+. In each of the cities there will be food drives and basketball clinics for youth.
“It’ll be very neat,” Wade told The Associated Press. “First of all, this is something we talked about doing a long time ago as players. To have an opportunity to go to these different cities that we’re from, to bring basketball to them at a high level and also have a charitable component in each city and to be with the guys, it’ll be cool. It’s something we’re looking forward to.”
“We’re approaching it as basketball,” Wade said. “We’re not doing it so people don’t forget our names. We’re really doing this to continue to make an impact in the communities that we go to and also to show that we love this game, we’re going to continue to play it and that this is something we all decided to do together. So that’s what makes this special.”
If you want to know more about tickets and the rest, log on to the Web site for the tour.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4