Nov 21, 2011, 9:39 AM EST
And the charity games just keep on coming… and in this case getting bigger.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will headline a four-city homecoming tour with money raised from the games going to charity, reports the Associated Press. Other players will slide in and out of the tour, but those four will be at each stop. Chris Bosh also is expected to play in all the contests.
Games are scheduled for Dec. 1 in Akron, Ohio, Dec. 4 in New Orleans, Dec. 7 in Chicago and Dec. 10 contest in East Rutherford, N.J. All of the games will be streamed live by tour sponsor Google+. In each of the cities there will be food drives and basketball clinics for youth.
“It’ll be very neat,” Wade told The Associated Press. “First of all, this is something we talked about doing a long time ago as players. To have an opportunity to go to these different cities that we’re from, to bring basketball to them at a high level and also have a charitable component in each city and to be with the guys, it’ll be cool. It’s something we’re looking forward to.”
“We’re approaching it as basketball,” Wade said. “We’re not doing it so people don’t forget our names. We’re really doing this to continue to make an impact in the communities that we go to and also to show that we love this game, we’re going to continue to play it and that this is something we all decided to do together. So that’s what makes this special.”
If you want to know more about tickets and the rest, log on to the Web site for the tour.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0