Nov 21, 2011, 9:39 AM EDT
And the charity games just keep on coming… and in this case getting bigger.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will headline a four-city homecoming tour with money raised from the games going to charity, reports the Associated Press. Other players will slide in and out of the tour, but those four will be at each stop. Chris Bosh also is expected to play in all the contests.
Games are scheduled for Dec. 1 in Akron, Ohio, Dec. 4 in New Orleans, Dec. 7 in Chicago and Dec. 10 contest in East Rutherford, N.J. All of the games will be streamed live by tour sponsor Google+. In each of the cities there will be food drives and basketball clinics for youth.
“It’ll be very neat,” Wade told The Associated Press. “First of all, this is something we talked about doing a long time ago as players. To have an opportunity to go to these different cities that we’re from, to bring basketball to them at a high level and also have a charitable component in each city and to be with the guys, it’ll be cool. It’s something we’re looking forward to.”
“We’re approaching it as basketball,” Wade said. “We’re not doing it so people don’t forget our names. We’re really doing this to continue to make an impact in the communities that we go to and also to show that we love this game, we’re going to continue to play it and that this is something we all decided to do together. So that’s what makes this special.”
If you want to know more about tickets and the rest, log on to the Web site for the tour.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36