Nov 21, 2011, 9:39 AM EST
And the charity games just keep on coming… and in this case getting bigger.
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony will headline a four-city homecoming tour with money raised from the games going to charity, reports the Associated Press. Other players will slide in and out of the tour, but those four will be at each stop. Chris Bosh also is expected to play in all the contests.
Games are scheduled for Dec. 1 in Akron, Ohio, Dec. 4 in New Orleans, Dec. 7 in Chicago and Dec. 10 contest in East Rutherford, N.J. All of the games will be streamed live by tour sponsor Google+. In each of the cities there will be food drives and basketball clinics for youth.
“It’ll be very neat,” Wade told The Associated Press. “First of all, this is something we talked about doing a long time ago as players. To have an opportunity to go to these different cities that we’re from, to bring basketball to them at a high level and also have a charitable component in each city and to be with the guys, it’ll be cool. It’s something we’re looking forward to.”
“We’re approaching it as basketball,” Wade said. “We’re not doing it so people don’t forget our names. We’re really doing this to continue to make an impact in the communities that we go to and also to show that we love this game, we’re going to continue to play it and that this is something we all decided to do together. So that’s what makes this special.”
If you want to know more about tickets and the rest, log on to the Web site for the tour.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 4
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)