Nov 21, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
In what shape is Amare Stoudemire’s back?
It bothered him at the end of last season and slowed him some this summer, but he has said he was healthy. Then he missed Gooden’s charity game and when asked why organizers said he had a sore back. That’s not good. Not good at all.
But is it true? Stoudemire’s agent Happy Walters told Newsday that the back was not why he missed the game.
“He is fine,” Walters said. “He’s working out.”
Walters wouldn’t elaborate, but it seems likely that Amar’e decided to pull out of the game, which was held at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Calif., and the back injury was used as an excuse.
Take that how you wish. I’d tell Knicks fans to be concerned if there was the chance of games soon, but as there is not this is just something to watch whenever the Knicks do have training camp again.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5