Nov 21, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
In what shape is Amare Stoudemire’s back?
It bothered him at the end of last season and slowed him some this summer, but he has said he was healthy. Then he missed Gooden’s charity game and when asked why organizers said he had a sore back. That’s not good. Not good at all.
But is it true? Stoudemire’s agent Happy Walters told Newsday that the back was not why he missed the game.
“He is fine,” Walters said. “He’s working out.”
Walters wouldn’t elaborate, but it seems likely that Amar’e decided to pull out of the game, which was held at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Calif., and the back injury was used as an excuse.
Take that how you wish. I’d tell Knicks fans to be concerned if there was the chance of games soon, but as there is not this is just something to watch whenever the Knicks do have training camp again.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12