Nov 21, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
In what shape is Amare Stoudemire’s back?
It bothered him at the end of last season and slowed him some this summer, but he has said he was healthy. Then he missed Gooden’s charity game and when asked why organizers said he had a sore back. That’s not good. Not good at all.
But is it true? Stoudemire’s agent Happy Walters told Newsday that the back was not why he missed the game.
“He is fine,” Walters said. “He’s working out.”
Walters wouldn’t elaborate, but it seems likely that Amar’e decided to pull out of the game, which was held at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Calif., and the back injury was used as an excuse.
Take that how you wish. I’d tell Knicks fans to be concerned if there was the chance of games soon, but as there is not this is just something to watch whenever the Knicks do have training camp again.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8