Nov 21, 2011, 10:56 PM EST
In what shape is Amare Stoudemire’s back?
It bothered him at the end of last season and slowed him some this summer, but he has said he was healthy. Then he missed Gooden’s charity game and when asked why organizers said he had a sore back. That’s not good. Not good at all.
But is it true? Stoudemire’s agent Happy Walters told Newsday that the back was not why he missed the game.
“He is fine,” Walters said. “He’s working out.”
Walters wouldn’t elaborate, but it seems likely that Amar’e decided to pull out of the game, which was held at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Calif., and the back injury was used as an excuse.
Take that how you wish. I’d tell Knicks fans to be concerned if there was the chance of games soon, but as there is not this is just something to watch whenever the Knicks do have training camp again.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 10
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 22
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36