Nov 21, 2011, 10:56 PM EDT
In what shape is Amare Stoudemire’s back?
It bothered him at the end of last season and slowed him some this summer, but he has said he was healthy. Then he missed Gooden’s charity game and when asked why organizers said he had a sore back. That’s not good. Not good at all.
But is it true? Stoudemire’s agent Happy Walters told Newsday that the back was not why he missed the game.
“He is fine,” Walters said. “He’s working out.”
Walters wouldn’t elaborate, but it seems likely that Amar’e decided to pull out of the game, which was held at the Cow Palace in Daly City, Calif., and the back injury was used as an excuse.
Take that how you wish. I’d tell Knicks fans to be concerned if there was the chance of games soon, but as there is not this is just something to watch whenever the Knicks do have training camp again.
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 0
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58