Nov 21, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
That sound you just heard was the collective exhale of Chicago Bulls fans. And Tom Thibodeau.
That’s because over the weekend Derrick Rose, the star and building block of the Chicago Bulls, said he has no plans of going overseas. Here is the quote from the Houston Chronicle, where Rose was over the weekend for a charity game.
“I’m not going anywhere, I’m good,” Rose said. “I’m just trying to stay in a nice place where you never know what will happen, or what can happen, what will happen. Now, I’m trying to keep myself in nice shape, and stay positive. Hopefully, we’ll have a season.”
After what happened to J.R. Smith, a lot of top NBA players have to hesitate when thinking about playing overseas. It’s one thing for a role player who has a limited window to make his money, but for a star like Rose who has a long and lucrative NBA career ahead of him, the risks of heading overseas might be too great.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19