Nov 21, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
That sound you just heard was the collective exhale of Chicago Bulls fans. And Tom Thibodeau.
That’s because over the weekend Derrick Rose, the star and building block of the Chicago Bulls, said he has no plans of going overseas. Here is the quote from the Houston Chronicle, where Rose was over the weekend for a charity game.
“I’m not going anywhere, I’m good,” Rose said. “I’m just trying to stay in a nice place where you never know what will happen, or what can happen, what will happen. Now, I’m trying to keep myself in nice shape, and stay positive. Hopefully, we’ll have a season.”
After what happened to J.R. Smith, a lot of top NBA players have to hesitate when thinking about playing overseas. It’s one thing for a role player who has a limited window to make his money, but for a star like Rose who has a long and lucrative NBA career ahead of him, the risks of heading overseas might be too great.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3