Nov 21, 2011, 5:59 PM EDT
One of the more popular NBA role players of his era, Cedric Ceballos is in a Phoenix area hospital after suffering a series of small heart attacks.
He is doing well enough to have released this statement.
“I feel blessed and very fortunate to be here today and to have made the decision to go to the hospital and get my symptoms checked out late last night. I ask everyone to keep me in your prayers as I make my journey back to good health. Thank everyone who has called and is concerned. While I want to respond and speak to everyone, I cannot right now, but will be in touch very soon. God bless you.”
Ceballos played 11 seasons in the NBA and was with the Suns for more than half of those. You probably remember him best for winning the 1992 dunk contest blindfolded. Unless you’re a Lakers fan, then you remember the Jet Ski incident.
He remains a part of the Suns organization as the public address announcer at games and does a lot of public appurtenances for the team around the area.
You can send messages to Ceballos through his Web site.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34