Nov 21, 2011, 5:59 PM EST
One of the more popular NBA role players of his era, Cedric Ceballos is in a Phoenix area hospital after suffering a series of small heart attacks.
He is doing well enough to have released this statement.
“I feel blessed and very fortunate to be here today and to have made the decision to go to the hospital and get my symptoms checked out late last night. I ask everyone to keep me in your prayers as I make my journey back to good health. Thank everyone who has called and is concerned. While I want to respond and speak to everyone, I cannot right now, but will be in touch very soon. God bless you.”
Ceballos played 11 seasons in the NBA and was with the Suns for more than half of those. You probably remember him best for winning the 1992 dunk contest blindfolded. Unless you’re a Lakers fan, then you remember the Jet Ski incident.
He remains a part of the Suns organization as the public address announcer at games and does a lot of public appurtenances for the team around the area.
You can send messages to Ceballos through his Web site.
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16