Nov 21, 2011, 5:59 PM EDT
One of the more popular NBA role players of his era, Cedric Ceballos is in a Phoenix area hospital after suffering a series of small heart attacks.
He is doing well enough to have released this statement.
“I feel blessed and very fortunate to be here today and to have made the decision to go to the hospital and get my symptoms checked out late last night. I ask everyone to keep me in your prayers as I make my journey back to good health. Thank everyone who has called and is concerned. While I want to respond and speak to everyone, I cannot right now, but will be in touch very soon. God bless you.”
Ceballos played 11 seasons in the NBA and was with the Suns for more than half of those. You probably remember him best for winning the 1992 dunk contest blindfolded. Unless you’re a Lakers fan, then you remember the Jet Ski incident.
He remains a part of the Suns organization as the public address announcer at games and does a lot of public appurtenances for the team around the area.
You can send messages to Ceballos through his Web site.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 28
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25