Nov 20, 2011, 10:04 AM EST
LeBron James announced earlier this year an expansion of his deal with Ohio State, where his brand is represented on the uniforms of the Buckeyes, an agreement he’s had for several seasons. He added the University of Miami Hurricanes and the University of Kentucky Wildcats to his stable. Subsequently, Ohio State was mired in one of the biggest scandals involving NCAA violations in college football history, only to be topped by Miami’s own problems stemming from Mr. Shapiro. Kentucky has remained unscathed.
On Saturday night, while visiting the Nike campus, LeBron James and the Miami Three took in a nice game for Nike’s pet project, the University of Oregon Ducks. The Ducks, after getting their season blasted open to start by eventual No.1 LSU to begin the season, had hope of moving into position for a national title game rematch after all the other losses in college football’s elite, outside of the SEC West. James was on the sideline, even posing with the duck as in this picture, courtesy of @WhitneyKBlaine on Twitter.
It’s a coincidence. It is. There’s absolutely zero connection between the University of Oregon and LeBron James. None. But it is a weird developing pattern. He’s not cursed. But it seems like whenever he shows up, hopes and dreams die.
OK, that’s a bit much. Still, another weird coincidence in along series of them.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25