Nov 20, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
LeBron James announced earlier this year an expansion of his deal with Ohio State, where his brand is represented on the uniforms of the Buckeyes, an agreement he’s had for several seasons. He added the University of Miami Hurricanes and the University of Kentucky Wildcats to his stable. Subsequently, Ohio State was mired in one of the biggest scandals involving NCAA violations in college football history, only to be topped by Miami’s own problems stemming from Mr. Shapiro. Kentucky has remained unscathed.
On Saturday night, while visiting the Nike campus, LeBron James and the Miami Three took in a nice game for Nike’s pet project, the University of Oregon Ducks. The Ducks, after getting their season blasted open to start by eventual No.1 LSU to begin the season, had hope of moving into position for a national title game rematch after all the other losses in college football’s elite, outside of the SEC West. James was on the sideline, even posing with the duck as in this picture, courtesy of @WhitneyKBlaine on Twitter.
It’s a coincidence. It is. There’s absolutely zero connection between the University of Oregon and LeBron James. None. But it is a weird developing pattern. He’s not cursed. But it seems like whenever he shows up, hopes and dreams die.
OK, that’s a bit much. Still, another weird coincidence in along series of them.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6