Nov 20, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
LeBron James announced earlier this year an expansion of his deal with Ohio State, where his brand is represented on the uniforms of the Buckeyes, an agreement he’s had for several seasons. He added the University of Miami Hurricanes and the University of Kentucky Wildcats to his stable. Subsequently, Ohio State was mired in one of the biggest scandals involving NCAA violations in college football history, only to be topped by Miami’s own problems stemming from Mr. Shapiro. Kentucky has remained unscathed.
On Saturday night, while visiting the Nike campus, LeBron James and the Miami Three took in a nice game for Nike’s pet project, the University of Oregon Ducks. The Ducks, after getting their season blasted open to start by eventual No.1 LSU to begin the season, had hope of moving into position for a national title game rematch after all the other losses in college football’s elite, outside of the SEC West. James was on the sideline, even posing with the duck as in this picture, courtesy of @WhitneyKBlaine on Twitter.
It’s a coincidence. It is. There’s absolutely zero connection between the University of Oregon and LeBron James. None. But it is a weird developing pattern. He’s not cursed. But it seems like whenever he shows up, hopes and dreams die.
OK, that’s a bit much. Still, another weird coincidence in along series of them.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18