Nov 20, 2011, 10:04 AM EDT
LeBron James announced earlier this year an expansion of his deal with Ohio State, where his brand is represented on the uniforms of the Buckeyes, an agreement he’s had for several seasons. He added the University of Miami Hurricanes and the University of Kentucky Wildcats to his stable. Subsequently, Ohio State was mired in one of the biggest scandals involving NCAA violations in college football history, only to be topped by Miami’s own problems stemming from Mr. Shapiro. Kentucky has remained unscathed.
On Saturday night, while visiting the Nike campus, LeBron James and the Miami Three took in a nice game for Nike’s pet project, the University of Oregon Ducks. The Ducks, after getting their season blasted open to start by eventual No.1 LSU to begin the season, had hope of moving into position for a national title game rematch after all the other losses in college football’s elite, outside of the SEC West. James was on the sideline, even posing with the duck as in this picture, courtesy of @WhitneyKBlaine on Twitter.
It’s a coincidence. It is. There’s absolutely zero connection between the University of Oregon and LeBron James. None. But it is a weird developing pattern. He’s not cursed. But it seems like whenever he shows up, hopes and dreams die.
OK, that’s a bit much. Still, another weird coincidence in along series of them.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70