Nov 20, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Besiktas is looking to add to Deron Williams with another NBA star, preferably one who can play in the frontcourt. They’ve targeted a number of players including Luol Deng to join Deron Williams in front of
tens of thousands thousands of people in Istanbul. But one major players says he’s out of consideration, Kevin Love:
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love informed Besiktas of Turkey on Sunday that he’s declining their offer to sign with the Istanbul-based club and team up with New Jersey Nets guard Deron Williams.
“I didn’t feel it was the right decision for me at this time,” Love told ESPN.com.
Love, though, said playing abroad if the lockout drags on “is still very much an option” he’s considering.
Love has been enjoying a big summer of having his face all over the place, and may not have wanted to go somewhere as limited from a marketing standpoint as Turkey. Not that Instanbul isn’t a major international city, but if Love’s going to go, he likely wants to get paid absolute top dollar for it, and considering the money already being paid Williams, their budget can’t be that considerable. It also seems like the team is kind of grabbing at random players instead of really formulating a plan, as there are other, bruisier bigs they could have aimed for. But Love’s three-point shooting might have been worth it.
Either way, we’ll have to wait to see where Kevin Love ends up, unless it’s just Minnesota and then we can all be happy because we have a season again.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7