Nov 18, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
In the days since the NBA labor talks blew up, conversations between NBA players and some overseas teams have picked up. Here’s a roundup of todays rumors and reports, but take it with a grain of salt.
• Dwyane Wade has told his agent to start looking into things, reports our own Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I have gotten on the phone with my agent, saying, ‘Listen, maybe we need to peak our head on the other side and see the possibilities,’ ” he said of playing overseas. “Obviously, to have a season and go back January 1st and to know you need 30 days once the deal is complete, something’s got to be done soon. But you’ve got to open up the possibility, so I am looking.”
• Besiktas, the Turkish side with Deron Williams, wants some inside to go with his outside and is making a run at the Bulls Luol Deng, according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Deng has said he is “seriously considering” options from several overseas teams.
• China’s Xinjiang Flying Tigers have made a run at both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Barea, according to ESPN. The Tigers lost former NBAer Quincy Douby to a wrist injury and are trying to find a replacement.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 0
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 34
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 37
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69