Nov 18, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
In the days since the NBA labor talks blew up, conversations between NBA players and some overseas teams have picked up. Here’s a roundup of todays rumors and reports, but take it with a grain of salt.
• Dwyane Wade has told his agent to start looking into things, reports our own Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I have gotten on the phone with my agent, saying, ‘Listen, maybe we need to peak our head on the other side and see the possibilities,’ ” he said of playing overseas. “Obviously, to have a season and go back January 1st and to know you need 30 days once the deal is complete, something’s got to be done soon. But you’ve got to open up the possibility, so I am looking.”
• Besiktas, the Turkish side with Deron Williams, wants some inside to go with his outside and is making a run at the Bulls Luol Deng, according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Deng has said he is “seriously considering” options from several overseas teams.
• China’s Xinjiang Flying Tigers have made a run at both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Barea, according to ESPN. The Tigers lost former NBAer Quincy Douby to a wrist injury and are trying to find a replacement.
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10