Nov 18, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
In the days since the NBA labor talks blew up, conversations between NBA players and some overseas teams have picked up. Here’s a roundup of todays rumors and reports, but take it with a grain of salt.
• Dwyane Wade has told his agent to start looking into things, reports our own Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I have gotten on the phone with my agent, saying, ‘Listen, maybe we need to peak our head on the other side and see the possibilities,’ ” he said of playing overseas. “Obviously, to have a season and go back January 1st and to know you need 30 days once the deal is complete, something’s got to be done soon. But you’ve got to open up the possibility, so I am looking.”
• Besiktas, the Turkish side with Deron Williams, wants some inside to go with his outside and is making a run at the Bulls Luol Deng, according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Deng has said he is “seriously considering” options from several overseas teams.
• China’s Xinjiang Flying Tigers have made a run at both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Barea, according to ESPN. The Tigers lost former NBAer Quincy Douby to a wrist injury and are trying to find a replacement.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 6
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm