Nov 18, 2011, 1:17 PM EDT
In the days since the NBA labor talks blew up, conversations between NBA players and some overseas teams have picked up. Here’s a roundup of todays rumors and reports, but take it with a grain of salt.
• Dwyane Wade has told his agent to start looking into things, reports our own Ira Winderman at the Sun Sentinel.
“I have gotten on the phone with my agent, saying, ‘Listen, maybe we need to peak our head on the other side and see the possibilities,’ ” he said of playing overseas. “Obviously, to have a season and go back January 1st and to know you need 30 days once the deal is complete, something’s got to be done soon. But you’ve got to open up the possibility, so I am looking.”
• Besiktas, the Turkish side with Deron Williams, wants some inside to go with his outside and is making a run at the Bulls Luol Deng, according to a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Deng has said he is “seriously considering” options from several overseas teams.
• China’s Xinjiang Flying Tigers have made a run at both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Barea, according to ESPN. The Tigers lost former NBAer Quincy Douby to a wrist injury and are trying to find a replacement.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 36
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 37
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17