Nov 18, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
We may see. Not only are Rondo and Perkins thinking about going overseas, they want to go together, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo and Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins, close friends, have been discussing the possibility of playing together overseas, and have had representatives inquiring on the possibilities, sources said.
Rondo and Perkins are interested in playing in higher-paying countries, such as Italy, Spain and Russia, sources said. There’s no deal in the works, and it’s unclear if there’s even a team that could financially put together the kind of contracts it would take to lure the players.
Aren’t we all interested in playing in higher paying countries?
That said, there are limited spots on European rosters right now, teams have to work to squeeze in one guy, let alone a pair of them. Meaning I wouldn’t bet on seeing this. But stranger things have happened, like the players and owners almost killing the season.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9