Nov 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Oh, the horror. This damn NBA lockout continues to cause NBA players untold pain.
Like not being able to get in to the VIP areas of swank Los Angeles parties.
Like the GQ party Thursday where Jay-Z was in attendance along with Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Andre Iguodala, Russell Westbrook, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown, among others. Terezowens.com has the details (via I am a GM).
“So all the athletes were clamoring to talk to Jay-Z in his private section, even Melo, but because of the lockout, Jay had to turn them all down. He refused to let any of them thru, and also warned his security to watch out because of his NBA ownership, he wasn’t allowed to fraternize with them,” said our source.
Jay-Z is rich, doesn’t mean he wants to pay out a $500,000 fine to the league. Smart man.
But I would have loved to see the security guard turning all those guys away. That would have been entertaining.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 1
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 12
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17