Nov 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Oh, the horror. This damn NBA lockout continues to cause NBA players untold pain.
Like not being able to get in to the VIP areas of swank Los Angeles parties.
Like the GQ party Thursday where Jay-Z was in attendance along with Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Andre Iguodala, Russell Westbrook, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown, among others. Terezowens.com has the details (via I am a GM).
“So all the athletes were clamoring to talk to Jay-Z in his private section, even Melo, but because of the lockout, Jay had to turn them all down. He refused to let any of them thru, and also warned his security to watch out because of his NBA ownership, he wasn’t allowed to fraternize with them,” said our source.
Jay-Z is rich, doesn’t mean he wants to pay out a $500,000 fine to the league. Smart man.
But I would have loved to see the security guard turning all those guys away. That would have been entertaining.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20