Nov 18, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
Oh, the horror. This damn NBA lockout continues to cause NBA players untold pain.
Like not being able to get in to the VIP areas of swank Los Angeles parties.
Like the GQ party Thursday where Jay-Z was in attendance along with Carmelo Anthony, Blake Griffin, Andre Iguodala, Russell Westbrook, JaVale McGee and Shannon Brown, among others. Terezowens.com has the details (via I am a GM).
“So all the athletes were clamoring to talk to Jay-Z in his private section, even Melo, but because of the lockout, Jay had to turn them all down. He refused to let any of them thru, and also warned his security to watch out because of his NBA ownership, he wasn’t allowed to fraternize with them,” said our source.
Jay-Z is rich, doesn’t mean he wants to pay out a $500,000 fine to the league. Smart man.
But I would have loved to see the security guard turning all those guys away. That would have been entertaining.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23