Nov 18, 2011, 10:59 AM EST
Durant has said he was serious about looking overseas and now his agent has confirmed to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated that they are in talks with that German club. But as we have often seen during this lockout, the European club tends to think things are father along and going better than anyone else does.
Amick spoke to Aaron Goodwin, Durant’s agent.
“We’re just discussing it,” Goodwin said. “We’re in discussions and it’s definitely a consideration, but we’re not in the final stages.”
An overseas report from spox.com quoted Bayreuth general manager Uli Eichbaum saying, “We’re in the final stages of a deal and I’m an optimist. It’s not looking bad.”
There also have been conversations with Israeli powerhouse Maccabi Tel Aviv as well as the Spanish club Valencia (which just signed Tiago Splitter of the Spurs). What is interesting is those two clubs are considered elite, while BBC Bayreuth is not (it did not qualify for EuroLeague and is currently 14th in a 20-team league).
Wherever he lands, Durant seems to seriously be considering making a move. Clay Bennett just felt a chill run down is spine.
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 4
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 12
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 33
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 1
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 14
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (68)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (55)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)