Nov 18, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Durant has said he was serious about looking overseas and now his agent has confirmed to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated that they are in talks with that German club. But as we have often seen during this lockout, the European club tends to think things are father along and going better than anyone else does.
Amick spoke to Aaron Goodwin, Durant’s agent.
“We’re just discussing it,” Goodwin said. “We’re in discussions and it’s definitely a consideration, but we’re not in the final stages.”
An overseas report from spox.com quoted Bayreuth general manager Uli Eichbaum saying, “We’re in the final stages of a deal and I’m an optimist. It’s not looking bad.”
There also have been conversations with Israeli powerhouse Maccabi Tel Aviv as well as the Spanish club Valencia (which just signed Tiago Splitter of the Spurs). What is interesting is those two clubs are considered elite, while BBC Bayreuth is not (it did not qualify for EuroLeague and is currently 14th in a 20-team league).
Wherever he lands, Durant seems to seriously be considering making a move. Clay Bennett just felt a chill run down is spine.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3