Nov 18, 2011, 10:59 AM EDT
Durant has said he was serious about looking overseas and now his agent has confirmed to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated that they are in talks with that German club. But as we have often seen during this lockout, the European club tends to think things are father along and going better than anyone else does.
Amick spoke to Aaron Goodwin, Durant’s agent.
“We’re just discussing it,” Goodwin said. “We’re in discussions and it’s definitely a consideration, but we’re not in the final stages.”
An overseas report from spox.com quoted Bayreuth general manager Uli Eichbaum saying, “We’re in the final stages of a deal and I’m an optimist. It’s not looking bad.”
There also have been conversations with Israeli powerhouse Maccabi Tel Aviv as well as the Spanish club Valencia (which just signed Tiago Splitter of the Spurs). What is interesting is those two clubs are considered elite, while BBC Bayreuth is not (it did not qualify for EuroLeague and is currently 14th in a 20-team league).
Wherever he lands, Durant seems to seriously be considering making a move. Clay Bennett just felt a chill run down is spine.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 20
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8