Nov 17, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
The first time Blake Griffin did a commercial — a spot for Subway is the first I remember — you could have replaced him with a Blake Griffin cardboard cutout and nobody would have noticed. Stiff as a board.
Now, he’s pretty comfortable in front of the camera. He has a great sense of dry humor and he lets it show in this KIA commercial for their version of the new iPhone app, or something like that. This is better than him dunking over a car for an ad. And, love that the ball stops spinning.
Hat tip to SLAM.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 9
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8