Nov 17, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Well, if NBA players and owners are not going to listen to David Beckham and end this lockout, we’re going to have to bring in the big guns:
The Iron Sheik.
Yes the famous, racially-stereotyped wrestler pitted as a counterbalance to Hulk Hogan’s All-American good guy persona of the 1980s has weighed in on the NBA lockout. Finally, we have the voice of reason. And he thinks their all stupid. (Thanks to Eric Freeman of Ball Don’t Lie for this one.)
There you have it. Complete with a reference to Virgil that I don’t get in the least.
You want to argue with the Iron Sheik? I thought not.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31