Nov 17, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Well, if NBA players and owners are not going to listen to David Beckham and end this lockout, we’re going to have to bring in the big guns:
The Iron Sheik.
Yes the famous, racially-stereotyped wrestler pitted as a counterbalance to Hulk Hogan’s All-American good guy persona of the 1980s has weighed in on the NBA lockout. Finally, we have the voice of reason. And he thinks their all stupid. (Thanks to Eric Freeman of Ball Don’t Lie for this one.)
There you have it. Complete with a reference to Virgil that I don’t get in the least.
You want to argue with the Iron Sheik? I thought not.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 23
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 38
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12