Nov 17, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Well, if NBA players and owners are not going to listen to David Beckham and end this lockout, we’re going to have to bring in the big guns:
The Iron Sheik.
Yes the famous, racially-stereotyped wrestler pitted as a counterbalance to Hulk Hogan’s All-American good guy persona of the 1980s has weighed in on the NBA lockout. Finally, we have the voice of reason. And he thinks their all stupid. (Thanks to Eric Freeman of Ball Don’t Lie for this one.)
There you have it. Complete with a reference to Virgil that I don’t get in the least.
You want to argue with the Iron Sheik? I thought not.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65