Nov 17, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
What had been billed as the NBA owners getting together — at least on the phone — to talk strategy Thursday turned out to be more of a 20 minute update on what was going on.
That’s it. Not much else. Hope you weren’t really hoping for progress.
The call was a panned update not a newfound strategy, according to the Associated Press. There are no details from the call because there aren’t a lot of details to give.
Aside that the only real progress was the players primary antitrust case in California being assigned to U.S. District Judge Samuel Conti, with the first management conference on the case set for March 9. The players will try to expedite that as by March 9 the entire NBA season would be toast.
I’d love to tell you how things are about to turn and everyone is going to start talking again, but none of that is happening. The patients are still running the asylum.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9