Nov 17, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
Drake has become the Kobe Bryant of the rap world — it’s love or hate. He is wildly divisive. And also undeniable successful. His new album defines that — it’s selling like mad while half the world (including Ludacris) shreds it as… um… fertilizer.
But Drake doesn’t see himself as Kobe.
Without mentioning any names, Drake makes it clear that he isn’t worried about his detractors. “I would liken myself to [NBA star] Kevin Durant just based off the fact I think Kevin Durant is somebody who people want him so bad to fall or mess up, but he just consistently delivers,” Drake said. “Every night and all these games he’s playing now, even with the lockout, he just consistently delivers the same highlights, the same amount of points.”
Who is rooting against Kevin Durant? I mean, if your team is playing him you want him to lose, but who exactly hates the guy? He’s humble, works hard, has a sweet game, defers to teammates, led the USA to gold in the World Championships. Yea, lot to hate there. Who wants Durant to fail? The Thunder is everyone’s second favorite team. Drake is not everyone’s second favorite artist.
Drake doesn’t get it. Which is just another reason to hate the guy.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18