Nov 17, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
Drake has become the Kobe Bryant of the rap world — it’s love or hate. He is wildly divisive. And also undeniable successful. His new album defines that — it’s selling like mad while half the world (including Ludacris) shreds it as… um… fertilizer.
But Drake doesn’t see himself as Kobe.
Without mentioning any names, Drake makes it clear that he isn’t worried about his detractors. “I would liken myself to [NBA star] Kevin Durant just based off the fact I think Kevin Durant is somebody who people want him so bad to fall or mess up, but he just consistently delivers,” Drake said. “Every night and all these games he’s playing now, even with the lockout, he just consistently delivers the same highlights, the same amount of points.”
Who is rooting against Kevin Durant? I mean, if your team is playing him you want him to lose, but who exactly hates the guy? He’s humble, works hard, has a sweet game, defers to teammates, led the USA to gold in the World Championships. Yea, lot to hate there. Who wants Durant to fail? The Thunder is everyone’s second favorite team. Drake is not everyone’s second favorite artist.
Drake doesn’t get it. Which is just another reason to hate the guy.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)