Nov 17, 2011, 8:59 PM EST
Drake has become the Kobe Bryant of the rap world — it’s love or hate. He is wildly divisive. And also undeniable successful. His new album defines that — it’s selling like mad while half the world (including Ludacris) shreds it as… um… fertilizer.
But Drake doesn’t see himself as Kobe.
Without mentioning any names, Drake makes it clear that he isn’t worried about his detractors. “I would liken myself to [NBA star] Kevin Durant just based off the fact I think Kevin Durant is somebody who people want him so bad to fall or mess up, but he just consistently delivers,” Drake said. “Every night and all these games he’s playing now, even with the lockout, he just consistently delivers the same highlights, the same amount of points.”
Who is rooting against Kevin Durant? I mean, if your team is playing him you want him to lose, but who exactly hates the guy? He’s humble, works hard, has a sweet game, defers to teammates, led the USA to gold in the World Championships. Yea, lot to hate there. Who wants Durant to fail? The Thunder is everyone’s second favorite team. Drake is not everyone’s second favorite artist.
Drake doesn’t get it. Which is just another reason to hate the guy.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6