Nov 17, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Drake has become the Kobe Bryant of the rap world — it’s love or hate. He is wildly divisive. And also undeniable successful. His new album defines that — it’s selling like mad while half the world (including Ludacris) shreds it as… um… fertilizer.
But Drake doesn’t see himself as Kobe.
Without mentioning any names, Drake makes it clear that he isn’t worried about his detractors. “I would liken myself to [NBA star] Kevin Durant just based off the fact I think Kevin Durant is somebody who people want him so bad to fall or mess up, but he just consistently delivers,” Drake said. “Every night and all these games he’s playing now, even with the lockout, he just consistently delivers the same highlights, the same amount of points.”
Who is rooting against Kevin Durant? I mean, if your team is playing him you want him to lose, but who exactly hates the guy? He’s humble, works hard, has a sweet game, defers to teammates, led the USA to gold in the World Championships. Yea, lot to hate there. Who wants Durant to fail? The Thunder is everyone’s second favorite team. Drake is not everyone’s second favorite artist.
Drake doesn’t get it. Which is just another reason to hate the guy.
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 10
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10