Nov 17, 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Drake has become the Kobe Bryant of the rap world — it’s love or hate. He is wildly divisive. And also undeniable successful. His new album defines that — it’s selling like mad while half the world (including Ludacris) shreds it as… um… fertilizer.
But Drake doesn’t see himself as Kobe.
Without mentioning any names, Drake makes it clear that he isn’t worried about his detractors. “I would liken myself to [NBA star] Kevin Durant just based off the fact I think Kevin Durant is somebody who people want him so bad to fall or mess up, but he just consistently delivers,” Drake said. “Every night and all these games he’s playing now, even with the lockout, he just consistently delivers the same highlights, the same amount of points.”
Who is rooting against Kevin Durant? I mean, if your team is playing him you want him to lose, but who exactly hates the guy? He’s humble, works hard, has a sweet game, defers to teammates, led the USA to gold in the World Championships. Yea, lot to hate there. Who wants Durant to fail? The Thunder is everyone’s second favorite team. Drake is not everyone’s second favorite artist.
Drake doesn’t get it. Which is just another reason to hate the guy.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 16
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14