Nov 15, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Allen Iverson got a win Tuesday. A federal judge in Detroit has dismissed a $2.5 million lawsuit against Iverson, tied to an incident in a bar from 2009.
That’s good for Iverson, but it’s not really the best part of this story.
The Detroit News (via Deadspin) got a hold of Iverson’s deposition at the hands of Gregory Lattimer, an attorney who had won a $260,000 judgment and another out-of-court settlement from Iverson in past cases. There was no love lost between these two.
Here are a few highlights of the deposition.
“I die before I let you get me this time,” Iverson tells the lawyer. “I’m as clean as the Board of Health man.”
“I know you lurking. I know you lurking, man. I know you lurking,” Iverson said. “How the hell you live with (it)? You’ve been involved with three suits against me. You know what to do. You got a plan.”
Lattimer: “I just go to work every day.”
Iverson: “I know, and I’m the one that pay you, and you know it. But not this time jack. … I die before I let you get me this time.”
After nearly two hours, Lattimer said he appreciated Iverson sitting for the deposition.
“Go to hell,” Iverson said.
Don’t ever change, AI.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23