Nov 15, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
Allen Iverson got a win Tuesday. A federal judge in Detroit has dismissed a $2.5 million lawsuit against Iverson, tied to an incident in a bar from 2009.
That’s good for Iverson, but it’s not really the best part of this story.
The Detroit News (via Deadspin) got a hold of Iverson’s deposition at the hands of Gregory Lattimer, an attorney who had won a $260,000 judgment and another out-of-court settlement from Iverson in past cases. There was no love lost between these two.
Here are a few highlights of the deposition.
“I die before I let you get me this time,” Iverson tells the lawyer. “I’m as clean as the Board of Health man.”
“I know you lurking. I know you lurking, man. I know you lurking,” Iverson said. “How the hell you live with (it)? You’ve been involved with three suits against me. You know what to do. You got a plan.”
Lattimer: “I just go to work every day.”
Iverson: “I know, and I’m the one that pay you, and you know it. But not this time jack. … I die before I let you get me this time.”
After nearly two hours, Lattimer said he appreciated Iverson sitting for the deposition.
“Go to hell,” Iverson said.
Don’t ever change, AI.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14