Iverson tells lawyer to “go to hell,” gets lawsuit dismissed

Nov 15, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT

Allen Iverson

Allen Iverson got a win Tuesday. A federal judge in Detroit has dismissed a $2.5 million lawsuit against Iverson, tied to an incident in a bar from 2009.

That’s good for Iverson, but it’s not really the best part of this story.

The Detroit News (via Deadspin) got a hold of Iverson’s deposition at the hands of Gregory Lattimer, an attorney who had won a $260,000 judgment and another out-of-court settlement from Iverson in past cases. There was no love lost between these two.

Here are a few highlights of the deposition.

“I die before I let you get me this time,” Iverson tells the lawyer. “I’m as clean as the Board of Health man.”

——————————-

“I know you lurking. I know you lurking, man. I know you lurking,” Iverson said. “How the hell you live with (it)? You’ve been involved with three suits against me. You know what to do. You got a plan.”

Lattimer: “I just go to work every day.”

Iverson: “I know, and I’m the one that pay you, and you know it. But not this time jack. … I die before I let you get me this time.”

—————————

After nearly two hours, Lattimer said he appreciated Iverson sitting for the deposition.

“Go to hell,” Iverson said.

Don’t ever change, AI.

1. stadix093 - Nov 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Amazing

2. mjbulls45 - Nov 15, 2011 at 3:05 PM

what do you want him to say to a lawyer that tried to get $$$ from him 3 times? Thank you?

him and any male with a pair would say the same thing… i’ve heard worse said to district attorneys, lawyers, etc….

he’ll be on the celtics as soon as lockout over…

3. seanb20124 - Nov 15, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Wonder what he was paying money out for? Assaults that never were reported to police I suppose.

4. miguel3557 - Nov 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Iverson has always been a poorly educated thug, lacking any semblance of class. “Life, you talking about life, man, not about your self-absorbed fantasies and lost dreams, you talking about life.” Grow up, punk.

5. mondzy805 - Nov 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Lmao. That’s just Allen being Allen.

6. seattlesuperchronic - Nov 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Love this guy.

7. mannyicey - Nov 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Normal speech if you’re talking to a guy who seems to only target you in court.

OK, suggestion for the mods: You might as well put up a forum for college basketball. There will be no NBA season this year.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches