Nov 15, 2011, 6:45 PM EDT
Now that the prospect of a lost NBA season is a likelihood rather than just a possibility, players are going to be increasing those conversations with teams in Europe to try to get a deal to play somewhere for money while the lawyers sort things out. Kevin Durant is reportedly doing just that, and as you might imagine, fans in the cities of the teams rumored to be in the running are getting excited.
The folks at K1X couldn’t wait to see what Durant might look like in one of Germany’s professional basketball uniforms, so they took matters into their own hands and created the mock photo you see to your right. (The full version can be seen here.) The colors are those of BBC Bayreuth, a team in Germany’s “highest pro basketball division.”
How’s he look? OK, I guess. Just not as good as he does repping the Oklahoma City Thunder. But if the NBA’s stars do actually start to migrate to European teams, hardcore basketball fans will eventually get used to it.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3