Nov 15, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Barcelona — already one of the powerhouse clubs of European basketball — could become dominant thanks to the NBA season winding its way toward oblivion.
Both Gasol brothers — the Lakers Pau and the Grizzlies’ Marc — could sign to play for the club as the NBA cancels the season. That is the big news in today’s rush of players trying to get paid to play overseas.
‘If they cancel the season we would like to play here (in Barcelona). I speak for myself, but Marc would also like to play for Barcelona.’ Also assessed the possibility that Real Madrid tried to sign his brother. ‘I can not imagine him in white, but nothing is impossible.’ Pau said the cancellation would have a very nice season for the European leagues. ‘The best players in the world would be free and eager to play in other leagues,’ he said.”
In other player movement news:
• Andres Nocioni will play for Penarol in Argentina now. Nocioni is getting a pretty small salary but the team is picking up the insurance on his NBA contract. There is an opt out but if the lockout continues he likely stays.
• The Xinjiang Flying Tigers in China would like to get Jamal Crawford, reports ESPN. Crawford is a free agent and could play the full rest of the Chinese season (through March) then return to the NBA if there is a season going.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10