Nov 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
What have you done with your lockout vacation? Fly around the nation playing in every pro/am or celebrity game you could find? Travel through Asia selling shoes and playing in exhibition games? Attend a lot of meetings in New York that went nowhere?
Baron Davis has you all beat.
Mr. Davis has spent much of his time during the NBA’s lockout developing a documentary about the decline of style in the U.S….
The documentary, “American Schlub,” is in pre-production. It takes aim at the poor sartorial standards of the American male, says Mr. Davis, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. “We used to be fashion forward,” he laments. Now, “We’re more of a sweats and Ugg boots type of society,” he says. “We wanted to challenge men, from that perspective.”
He may have a point (I write while sitting here in sweat pants). Not sure I’m going to watch this movie, or ever dress like Baron (seen at a players meeting this summer in his fashionable lumberjack look), but he may well be right.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 7
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 12
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27