Nov 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
What have you done with your lockout vacation? Fly around the nation playing in every pro/am or celebrity game you could find? Travel through Asia selling shoes and playing in exhibition games? Attend a lot of meetings in New York that went nowhere?
Baron Davis has you all beat.
Mr. Davis has spent much of his time during the NBA’s lockout developing a documentary about the decline of style in the U.S….
The documentary, “American Schlub,” is in pre-production. It takes aim at the poor sartorial standards of the American male, says Mr. Davis, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. “We used to be fashion forward,” he laments. Now, “We’re more of a sweats and Ugg boots type of society,” he says. “We wanted to challenge men, from that perspective.”
He may have a point (I write while sitting here in sweat pants). Not sure I’m going to watch this movie, or ever dress like Baron (seen at a players meeting this summer in his fashionable lumberjack look), but he may well be right.
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 0
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22