Nov 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
What have you done with your lockout vacation? Fly around the nation playing in every pro/am or celebrity game you could find? Travel through Asia selling shoes and playing in exhibition games? Attend a lot of meetings in New York that went nowhere?
Baron Davis has you all beat.
Mr. Davis has spent much of his time during the NBA’s lockout developing a documentary about the decline of style in the U.S….
The documentary, “American Schlub,” is in pre-production. It takes aim at the poor sartorial standards of the American male, says Mr. Davis, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. “We used to be fashion forward,” he laments. Now, “We’re more of a sweats and Ugg boots type of society,” he says. “We wanted to challenge men, from that perspective.”
He may have a point (I write while sitting here in sweat pants). Not sure I’m going to watch this movie, or ever dress like Baron (seen at a players meeting this summer in his fashionable lumberjack look), but he may well be right.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18