Nov 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
What have you done with your lockout vacation? Fly around the nation playing in every pro/am or celebrity game you could find? Travel through Asia selling shoes and playing in exhibition games? Attend a lot of meetings in New York that went nowhere?
Baron Davis has you all beat.
Mr. Davis has spent much of his time during the NBA’s lockout developing a documentary about the decline of style in the U.S….
The documentary, “American Schlub,” is in pre-production. It takes aim at the poor sartorial standards of the American male, says Mr. Davis, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. “We used to be fashion forward,” he laments. Now, “We’re more of a sweats and Ugg boots type of society,” he says. “We wanted to challenge men, from that perspective.”
He may have a point (I write while sitting here in sweat pants). Not sure I’m going to watch this movie, or ever dress like Baron (seen at a players meeting this summer in his fashionable lumberjack look), but he may well be right.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 3
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41