Nov 15, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
What have you done with your lockout vacation? Fly around the nation playing in every pro/am or celebrity game you could find? Travel through Asia selling shoes and playing in exhibition games? Attend a lot of meetings in New York that went nowhere?
Baron Davis has you all beat.
Mr. Davis has spent much of his time during the NBA’s lockout developing a documentary about the decline of style in the U.S….
The documentary, “American Schlub,” is in pre-production. It takes aim at the poor sartorial standards of the American male, says Mr. Davis, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. “We used to be fashion forward,” he laments. Now, “We’re more of a sweats and Ugg boots type of society,” he says. “We wanted to challenge men, from that perspective.”
He may have a point (I write while sitting here in sweat pants). Not sure I’m going to watch this movie, or ever dress like Baron (seen at a players meeting this summer in his fashionable lumberjack look), but he may well be right.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12