Nov 14, 2011, 8:05 AM EDT
This Powerpoint presentation above is the latest in the NBA’s PR blitz that included the odd, stiff answers of Adam Silver on twitter, releasing their full proposal to the USA Today and David Stern talking to media outlets. The league is getting its message out there and letting everyone know exactly what their offer is.
And by everyone we mean the rank and file players. That is who this really is aimed at, the league is hoping enough players see this and think it’s fair that they will pressure the union leadership to put the offer to a vote. A vote it very well might pass.
That’s not what is going to happen. The union is expected to make the smart negotiating play — modify the parts of the offer they don’t like, vote to approve the altered offer and throw it back in the owner’s court.
The players have done better of late winning the public relations battle of the lockout. It’s a hollow victory. It’s reached the point with most fans where it feels there is no right side, no winners, just a lot of losers willing to hurt the game for their pocketbooks.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50