Nov 14, 2011, 8:05 AM EDT
This Powerpoint presentation above is the latest in the NBA’s PR blitz that included the odd, stiff answers of Adam Silver on twitter, releasing their full proposal to the USA Today and David Stern talking to media outlets. The league is getting its message out there and letting everyone know exactly what their offer is.
And by everyone we mean the rank and file players. That is who this really is aimed at, the league is hoping enough players see this and think it’s fair that they will pressure the union leadership to put the offer to a vote. A vote it very well might pass.
That’s not what is going to happen. The union is expected to make the smart negotiating play — modify the parts of the offer they don’t like, vote to approve the altered offer and throw it back in the owner’s court.
The players have done better of late winning the public relations battle of the lockout. It’s a hollow victory. It’s reached the point with most fans where it feels there is no right side, no winners, just a lot of losers willing to hurt the game for their pocketbooks.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25