LeBron says he wouldn’t not take himself in a one-one match with Kobe that will never happen. Yeah, you read that right.

Nov 13, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT

Not shown: hair on LeBron's forehead. AP

Look, I get the need for grammatical correctness. I do. But there are times in which the double-negative more aptly describes the sentiment being expressed. Yes, technically, the correct version would do the same For example.

I don’t not want pancakes.

I want pancakes.

In both instances, the subject is expressing a desire for pancakes. But the difference is that one is denying a state of disapproval for something, while the other expressing a distinct desire for said pancakes.

So when LeBron says “I’m not going to not take myself against anybody,” that’s a lot different from “I will take myself over anyone.” One is a statement of belief that you would take whoever you were playing one-on-one. The other is an expression that you’re not going to short yourself or go in lacking belief in yourself. It’s just more accurate for him to say that. The mindset is “No one can beat me,” versus “I can beat anyone.” It’s subtle, but it’s there.

Oh, and by the way, maybe not ask him the question anymore. Yeesh, Lebron. Chill out, Mr. Man.

1. barklikeadog - Nov 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Still a boob! He just can’t not shut up can’t he?

2. pl4tinum514 - Nov 13, 2011 at 6:29 PM

He’d have sex with himself if he could.

3. westwoodwarrior8 - Nov 13, 2011 at 6:39 PM

that headline made me dizzy, im not good wit double negatives lol

4. reupjosh - Nov 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Couldn’t he at least say it in the 3rd person?!? I mean, if you’re gonna go all he way, lebron, you need to finish…

5. transam7816 - Nov 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Reading this high was fun

6. jjacks1122 - Nov 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Headline and hairline aside…we all know that Kobe would prevail over Bron in one on one. I am no Kobe fan by any means, but have to admit his killer instinct is something Bron can only wish he had.

7. goforthanddie - Nov 13, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Once again leb proves he has no clue.

8. ruize49 - Nov 13, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Lebron is just a big CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. buckifan4life - Nov 13, 2011 at 8:45 PM

He’s a moron…

10. kilo0986 - Nov 13, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Oooh Matt Moore is gonna get it once Kurt reads this..

11. lookatthefarside - Nov 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

LeBron needs to go to Bosley or get some Rogaine for Women.

• blueintown - Nov 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM

You need to go to joke school for jokes for funny comedy time.

12. dirtybird2020 - Nov 14, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Idiot! This bum needs to bow down and kiss the rings!!! The rings on kobes hand! Lechoke is still talking, get some killer instinct, when asked about choking you look to wade?!?!? What a bum, kobes massage therapist has more rings than this queer! Haha

13. ruize49 - Nov 14, 2011 at 4:21 AM

You are like a retarded chicken on the camera lebron get some personality so they can ask u ?s and get an actual answer

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches