Nov 13, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has spent his lockout playing in every exhibition game under the sun. He wants to ball. Obsessively. But he’s also been very firm on the lockout, being a leader for the “don’t get screwed” side. He’s waited out the question of playing overseas, wanting to take it to the very last minute. Apparently Durant thinks that minute is here.
From Yahoo! Sports:
“I’m right on the fence with playing overseas and I’m about to jump over,” Durant said in a phone interview from Josh Howard’s(notes) celebrity game in Dallas.
Durant may have a harder time finding a gig than he thinks. Teams abroad already have their seasons in play. They’ve got budgets set. He’ll pull in offers, but it may not be the bidding war he’d expect for a player of his caliber. Then again, if the season really is detonated and canceled, and teams can know they get him for the rest of the season for sure, that could change quite a few things.
So hey, some people abroad can root for Kevin Durant. That’s good, right? Good to share?
I’m going back to my Cure albums and whiskey, now.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4