Kevin Durant says he’s ready to “jump” overseas

Nov 13, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT

Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony AP

Kevin Durant has spent his lockout playing in every exhibition game under the sun. He wants to ball. Obsessively. But he’s also been very firm on the lockout, being a leader for the “don’t get screwed” side. He’s waited out the question of playing overseas, wanting to take it to the very last minute. Apparently Durant thinks that minute is here.

From Yahoo! Sports:

“I’m right on the fence with playing overseas and I’m about to jump over,” Durant said in a phone interview from Josh Howard’s(notes) celebrity game in Dallas.

via Durant doesn’t support taking NBA offer – NBA – Yahoo! Sports.

Durant may have a harder time finding a gig than he thinks. Teams abroad already have their seasons in play. They’ve got budgets set. He’ll pull in offers, but it may not be the bidding war he’d expect for a player of his caliber. Then again, if the season really is detonated and canceled, and teams can know they get him for the rest of the season for sure, that could change quite a few things.

So hey, some people abroad can root for Kevin Durant. That’s good, right? Good to share?

I’m going back to my Cure albums and whiskey, now.

1. brooklynbulls - Nov 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Hey KD we stopped falling for the “I’m taking my ball and going overseas” ploy back in August when the first batch of NBA ballers came crawling back stateside with their tail between their legs. I heard they make you live like regular people over there. So many ballers have been yelling that empty threat. If you’re serious about going, just go.

• hollywood26 - Nov 14, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Ummm, he does live a regular lifestyle. His house neighbor in OK is a little kid who he hangs with. In the DC area his family lives in the same damn house. They just did upgrades on the old house. He’s not out here blowing money and you can find him all over the place just hanging like Joe Blow. If you have an issue with players in general, say so, but don’t demean the one “regular” guy in the league.

And by the way, I played ball for 4 years overseas. It’s not the greatest, but it’s not the absolute slum experience some think either. It’s more of a HS/College feel in the way you practice and the way the game is perceived. It’s about the system versus playing individaul iso ball, but it’s still basketball if a bit more physical.

2. kilo0986 - Nov 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

The “dont get screwed” doesnt exist. I think the correct term would be the “dont get screwed… hard” side.

3. tapefolie - Nov 13, 2011 at 11:08 PM

He can work for me. I can use someone to pull weeds. Pay is not bad either at $10/day!

4. bearsstillsuck - Nov 14, 2011 at 4:52 AM

oh no, don’t do it durant! oh wait, nevermind, no one gives a s*$t

5. acieu - Nov 14, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Bye, Adios, Viso gero, Auf Widersein, Adieu, Hit the road Jack, Goodby, so long, farewell!

6. jimeejohnson - Nov 14, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Owners and their useful idiot supporters: you su-k!

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview