Nov 13, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant has spent his lockout playing in every exhibition game under the sun. He wants to ball. Obsessively. But he’s also been very firm on the lockout, being a leader for the “don’t get screwed” side. He’s waited out the question of playing overseas, wanting to take it to the very last minute. Apparently Durant thinks that minute is here.
From Yahoo! Sports:
“I’m right on the fence with playing overseas and I’m about to jump over,” Durant said in a phone interview from Josh Howard’s(notes) celebrity game in Dallas.
Durant may have a harder time finding a gig than he thinks. Teams abroad already have their seasons in play. They’ve got budgets set. He’ll pull in offers, but it may not be the bidding war he’d expect for a player of his caliber. Then again, if the season really is detonated and canceled, and teams can know they get him for the rest of the season for sure, that could change quite a few things.
So hey, some people abroad can root for Kevin Durant. That’s good, right? Good to share?
I’m going back to my Cure albums and whiskey, now.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5