Nov 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
What would be the one thing that could make the situation for the NBA union worse? What one person could find a way to take a terrible situation and turn it into an unmitigated disaster?
Hello Isiah Thomas.
From rumormonger Peter Vecsey at the New York Post (so please consume this with liberal amounts of salt) comes a report of a situation very unlikely to ever become reality in this universe (please let it never happen in this universe). But apparently Thomas wants Billy Hunter’s job as head of the NBA players union, according to the New York Post (via Eye On Basketball).
How many would be stunned to learn Florida International University’s current head coach is angling in due course to replace the executive director of the Players Association should its membership feel flogged (compromised following so many compromises) by David Stern upon the completion of a new collective bargaining agreement or if negotiations again break down and additional salary (games) get forfeited?
I have no doubt Thomas would want that job (he was once president of the players union, remember). But he ruined the Continental Basketball Association and the Knicks. I have serious, serious doubts that any player would actually vote to put him in charge. Not even Michael Beasley after a tin of “brownies” would vote for him.
But man, what an idea.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 15
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 16
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46