Nov 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
What would be the one thing that could make the situation for the NBA union worse? What one person could find a way to take a terrible situation and turn it into an unmitigated disaster?
Hello Isiah Thomas.
From rumormonger Peter Vecsey at the New York Post (so please consume this with liberal amounts of salt) comes a report of a situation very unlikely to ever become reality in this universe (please let it never happen in this universe). But apparently Thomas wants Billy Hunter’s job as head of the NBA players union, according to the New York Post (via Eye On Basketball).
How many would be stunned to learn Florida International University’s current head coach is angling in due course to replace the executive director of the Players Association should its membership feel flogged (compromised following so many compromises) by David Stern upon the completion of a new collective bargaining agreement or if negotiations again break down and additional salary (games) get forfeited?
I have no doubt Thomas would want that job (he was once president of the players union, remember). But he ruined the Continental Basketball Association and the Knicks. I have serious, serious doubts that any player would actually vote to put him in charge. Not even Michael Beasley after a tin of “brownies” would vote for him.
But man, what an idea.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16