Nov 12, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
What would be the one thing that could make the situation for the NBA union worse? What one person could find a way to take a terrible situation and turn it into an unmitigated disaster?
Hello Isiah Thomas.
From rumormonger Peter Vecsey at the New York Post (so please consume this with liberal amounts of salt) comes a report of a situation very unlikely to ever become reality in this universe (please let it never happen in this universe). But apparently Thomas wants Billy Hunter’s job as head of the NBA players union, according to the New York Post (via Eye On Basketball).
How many would be stunned to learn Florida International University’s current head coach is angling in due course to replace the executive director of the Players Association should its membership feel flogged (compromised following so many compromises) by David Stern upon the completion of a new collective bargaining agreement or if negotiations again break down and additional salary (games) get forfeited?
I have no doubt Thomas would want that job (he was once president of the players union, remember). But he ruined the Continental Basketball Association and the Knicks. I have serious, serious doubts that any player would actually vote to put him in charge. Not even Michael Beasley after a tin of “brownies” would vote for him.
But man, what an idea.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31