Nov 11, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
What would we do without Ron Artest, er, Metta World Peace to lighten the mood.
Amidst the ultimatums and likely refusal by players to accept that deal, World Peace went on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and when the host asked him if he had a backup name in mind if his name change had not panned out as planned this summer, he said yes:
As in the neighborhood in Queens where he grew up. Rough neighborhood, too. But ya gotta represent.
I’d say this was out of character, except it’s not.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20