Nov 11, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
What would we do without Ron Artest, er, Metta World Peace to lighten the mood.
Amidst the ultimatums and likely refusal by players to accept that deal, World Peace went on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and when the host asked him if he had a backup name in mind if his name change had not panned out as planned this summer, he said yes:
As in the neighborhood in Queens where he grew up. Rough neighborhood, too. But ya gotta represent.
I’d say this was out of character, except it’s not.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49