Nov 11, 2011, 1:59 PM EDT
What would we do without Ron Artest, er, Metta World Peace to lighten the mood.
Amidst the ultimatums and likely refusal by players to accept that deal, World Peace went on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and when the host asked him if he had a backup name in mind if his name change had not panned out as planned this summer, he said yes:
As in the neighborhood in Queens where he grew up. Rough neighborhood, too. But ya gotta represent.
I’d say this was out of character, except it’s not.
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 11
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 9
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 21
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 22
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 39