Nov 11, 2011, 1:59 PM EST
What would we do without Ron Artest, er, Metta World Peace to lighten the mood.
Amidst the ultimatums and likely refusal by players to accept that deal, World Peace went on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and when the host asked him if he had a backup name in mind if his name change had not panned out as planned this summer, he said yes:
As in the neighborhood in Queens where he grew up. Rough neighborhood, too. But ya gotta represent.
I’d say this was out of character, except it’s not.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6