Nov 11, 2011, 1:59 PM EST
What would we do without Ron Artest, er, Metta World Peace to lighten the mood.
Amidst the ultimatums and likely refusal by players to accept that deal, World Peace went on the Dan Patrick Show Friday and when the host asked him if he had a backup name in mind if his name change had not panned out as planned this summer, he said yes:
As in the neighborhood in Queens where he grew up. Rough neighborhood, too. But ya gotta represent.
I’d say this was out of character, except it’s not.
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 2
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6