Nov 11, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Nuggets shot blocking machine Chris Andersen is not your typical NBA player — in a league with inked-up players, the Birdman’s tattoos turn your head. And blind you.
“I’ve been training and whatnot about basketball, but also I’m trying to start a hunting show right now. So I’m out in the woods with Converse.
SLAM: A hunting show?
“It’s gonna be called “Willie B and the Good Ole Boys.” Basically with all my friends I grew up with down in Texas, and it’s going to be celebrity rednecks that do crazy, dumb stuff…”
Look, I’m a city boy that doesn’t hunt. But if you’re going to ask me if I’ll watch Andersen and Ted Nugent or Goose Gossage or Karl Malone stalking some game while throwing back cans of PBR, I’m in. I don’t even care who Willie B is, I’ll still watch. My only question is, can you really sneak up on a deer with that neck tattoo? Doesn’t it kind of stand out in the woods?
If the lockout lasts much longer, at least we’ve got Andersen’s second career lined up.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 23
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 28
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay