Nov 11, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Nuggets shot blocking machine Chris Andersen is not your typical NBA player — in a league with inked-up players, the Birdman’s tattoos turn your head. And blind you.
“I’ve been training and whatnot about basketball, but also I’m trying to start a hunting show right now. So I’m out in the woods with Converse.
SLAM: A hunting show?
“It’s gonna be called “Willie B and the Good Ole Boys.” Basically with all my friends I grew up with down in Texas, and it’s going to be celebrity rednecks that do crazy, dumb stuff…”
Look, I’m a city boy that doesn’t hunt. But if you’re going to ask me if I’ll watch Andersen and Ted Nugent or Goose Gossage or Karl Malone stalking some game while throwing back cans of PBR, I’m in. I don’t even care who Willie B is, I’ll still watch. My only question is, can you really sneak up on a deer with that neck tattoo? Doesn’t it kind of stand out in the woods?
If the lockout lasts much longer, at least we’ve got Andersen’s second career lined up.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13