Nov 9, 2011, 6:01 PM EDT
One year ago in July, Jose Quesada was arrested for calling in bomb threats to the NBA league offices in New Jersey (where he had been a security guard). He later pled guilty.
An Elizabeth man who formerly worked for the NBA in Secaucus was sentenced today to six months in prison and six months of home detention for making several phony bomb threats to the NBA office.
Jose Quesada, 20, pleaded guilty to making several calls to the NBA Properties office on 100 Plaza Davis from his cell phone over a two-day period in July 2010, according to federal officials. Quesada left voicemail messages saying he “put a bomb outside” the office and planned to “kill all the NBA,” officials said.
There were no bombs (although the buildings did have to be evacuated and searched). Quesada called the threats in from his own cell phone, which made him pretty easy to catch.
There is no motive known, but see the part about calling these in from his cell phone and you start to realize this guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37