Nov 9, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
Ahhh, rookies. It really takes some time to learn the timing of the NBA. Whether it is when to make a pass to a cutting player — the players move faster and the windows are smaller in the NBA — or how to act off the court, it takes some getting used to.
if a deal doesn’t get done soon….overseas here i come
Kyrie, the window on going to Europe pretty much closed. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe your agent has a firm offer out there, but the fact is that most European rosters are set right now. Especially the good teams, the ones in EuroLeague and the ones in cities you would like. They’ve all been playing for a couple months and the best teams are not going to muck with chemistry to bring in an untested college player who missed most of last season and a lot of the summer recovering from a foot injury.
You’re threats are not moving the negotiations needle.
I think Irving speaks for a lot of players who want to think they can go overseas right now if talks fall apart again. They are in for a rude awakening.
Hopefully, the threat and all of it is moot. Hopefully.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21