Nov 8, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Brian Cardinal was a popular guy during the Mavericks’ run to an NBA title. First, he looks like your dad so you had to root for him when he came in the game. His twitter account was smart and funny, two things rarely paired together around the NBA. And he was winning — everyone likes a winner.
What is Cardinal up to during the lockout, you ask?
Cardinal’s internship will include roles with the John Purdue Club and Purdue’s John R. Wooden Leadership Institute, as well as mentoring student-athletes and non-coaching day-to-day activities in various areas around the department. He will also have a hand in coordinating championship events at Purdue, such as the 2012 NCAA Women’s Basketball First and Second Rounds and the 2012 Big Ten Wrestling Championships.
When the current NBA labor situation is resolved, Cardinal will have the option to pursue a playing opportunity in the league.
Good, his internship comes with an opt-out clause. We were worried.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85