Nov 8, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Brian Cardinal was a popular guy during the Mavericks’ run to an NBA title. First, he looks like your dad so you had to root for him when he came in the game. His twitter account was smart and funny, two things rarely paired together around the NBA. And he was winning — everyone likes a winner.
What is Cardinal up to during the lockout, you ask?
Cardinal’s internship will include roles with the John Purdue Club and Purdue’s John R. Wooden Leadership Institute, as well as mentoring student-athletes and non-coaching day-to-day activities in various areas around the department. He will also have a hand in coordinating championship events at Purdue, such as the 2012 NCAA Women’s Basketball First and Second Rounds and the 2012 Big Ten Wrestling Championships.
When the current NBA labor situation is resolved, Cardinal will have the option to pursue a playing opportunity in the league.
Good, his internship comes with an opt-out clause. We were worried.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 28
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 51
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 16
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10