Nov 8, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Brian Cardinal was a popular guy during the Mavericks’ run to an NBA title. First, he looks like your dad so you had to root for him when he came in the game. His twitter account was smart and funny, two things rarely paired together around the NBA. And he was winning — everyone likes a winner.
What is Cardinal up to during the lockout, you ask?
Cardinal’s internship will include roles with the John Purdue Club and Purdue’s John R. Wooden Leadership Institute, as well as mentoring student-athletes and non-coaching day-to-day activities in various areas around the department. He will also have a hand in coordinating championship events at Purdue, such as the 2012 NCAA Women’s Basketball First and Second Rounds and the 2012 Big Ten Wrestling Championships.
When the current NBA labor situation is resolved, Cardinal will have the option to pursue a playing opportunity in the league.
Good, his internship comes with an opt-out clause. We were worried.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 0
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4