Nov 8, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Brian Cardinal was a popular guy during the Mavericks’ run to an NBA title. First, he looks like your dad so you had to root for him when he came in the game. His twitter account was smart and funny, two things rarely paired together around the NBA. And he was winning — everyone likes a winner.
What is Cardinal up to during the lockout, you ask?
Cardinal’s internship will include roles with the John Purdue Club and Purdue’s John R. Wooden Leadership Institute, as well as mentoring student-athletes and non-coaching day-to-day activities in various areas around the department. He will also have a hand in coordinating championship events at Purdue, such as the 2012 NCAA Women’s Basketball First and Second Rounds and the 2012 Big Ten Wrestling Championships.
When the current NBA labor situation is resolved, Cardinal will have the option to pursue a playing opportunity in the league.
Good, his internship comes with an opt-out clause. We were worried.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11