Nov 7, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Tragic news out of Denver.
Thomas Bashline, the trainer for the Harlem Globetrotters, was found shot to death in a D home, according to the Denver Post.
A woman at the home called sheriff’s deputies at 4:30 p.m. Friday claiming that her boyfriend was unresponsive, Martinez said.
The woman had been at work and found Bashline’s body in the bedroom. There was no sign of a robbery in the home, but sources say Bashline’s pickup truck was found in Boulder.
Bashline had been preparing for a trip to China with the team when the shooting took place.
Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Bashline and the Harlem Globetrotters.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 13
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9