Nov 7, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Tragic news out of Denver.
Thomas Bashline, the trainer for the Harlem Globetrotters, was found shot to death in a D home, according to the Denver Post.
A woman at the home called sheriff’s deputies at 4:30 p.m. Friday claiming that her boyfriend was unresponsive, Martinez said.
The woman had been at work and found Bashline’s body in the bedroom. There was no sign of a robbery in the home, but sources say Bashline’s pickup truck was found in Boulder.
Bashline had been preparing for a trip to China with the team when the shooting took place.
Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Bashline and the Harlem Globetrotters.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8