Nov 7, 2011, 11:49 AM EST
Tragic news out of Denver.
Thomas Bashline, the trainer for the Harlem Globetrotters, was found shot to death in a D home, according to the Denver Post.
A woman at the home called sheriff’s deputies at 4:30 p.m. Friday claiming that her boyfriend was unresponsive, Martinez said.
The woman had been at work and found Bashline’s body in the bedroom. There was no sign of a robbery in the home, but sources say Bashline’s pickup truck was found in Boulder.
Bashline had been preparing for a trip to China with the team when the shooting took place.
Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Bashline and the Harlem Globetrotters.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)