Nov 7, 2011, 11:49 AM EST
Tragic news out of Denver.
Thomas Bashline, the trainer for the Harlem Globetrotters, was found shot to death in a D home, according to the Denver Post.
A woman at the home called sheriff’s deputies at 4:30 p.m. Friday claiming that her boyfriend was unresponsive, Martinez said.
The woman had been at work and found Bashline’s body in the bedroom. There was no sign of a robbery in the home, but sources say Bashline’s pickup truck was found in Boulder.
Bashline had been preparing for a trip to China with the team when the shooting took place.
Our condolences go out to the friends and family of Bashline and the Harlem Globetrotters.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 37
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 12
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5